Thread: ATK issue: can't get optical switch 1 to be recognized as optical switch

Control Freak In Training

ATK issue: can't get optical switch 1 to be recognized as optical switch

Upgraded firmware a couple days ago and my ATO is not working. I look in fusion and my switch 1 on the FMM is now a flow meter. I changed it back but it is still a flow meter. Turned off auto recognize but it still flipped back. Powered down the module and tried again to no avail. Deleted the module and went through the task to set it up again and it still does the same thing. Any ideas? By the way I quickly was spoiled by having an ATO, manually topping off 5 gallons a day stinks lol

I would update the FMM firmware and/or restart the head unit.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would update the FMM firmware and/or restart the head unit.

Tried both previously and same result, but will go through whole gammet of tests again. Possibly related, I use an outlet that I manually turn on and off to run my RODI pump. When I was done filling the holding tank I would slide it to off, but the apex would turn it back on. I had to unplug it to keep from overflowing. My ATS and fuge light never turned off either. The time on the clock was counting seconds correctly. Couldn't try this morning because heartbeat alarm tells me it is disconnected, so off to do a hard reboot.

A reboot of the system has everything working but the ATK. If auto discover is in it thinks my sensor 1 is a flow module. If I turn auto discover off and manually change it it won't show up as a choice for switch X 1 in the configure menu. If I click auto discover after manually changing it goes back to the flow sensor. Do I have a bad optical switch here? Should is swap the two switches just to see if the problem follows the switch? Time to turn it over to tech support? I really don't have the time or patience to deal with this right now, very aggravating!

Ok, I have the ATO operating again, but I had to plug switch one into port 3. It would then auto detect as a optical switch instead of a flow meter. This leads me to believe the FMM itself is bad, make sense?

You're not supposed to use auto detect for opticals. Just set it manually.

New User
    Anyone know why the pump won't suck water but will run. Just installed a brand new ATK can't maker the water transfer happen

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaReffer View Post
    Anyone know why the pump won't suck water but will run. Just installed a brand new ATK can't maker the water transfer happen
    Please dont double post through hijacking threads. Best to make your own post in the appropriate subforum and provide as much detail as humanly possible.