Thread: EnergyBar 832 24v port connectors

EnergyBar 832 24v port connectors

Would someone point me to the type of connector I would need to connect to these ports?

Anyone know the Amp capability of these Ports?

Also, rather than plugging in one more power transformer (24V 30 Watt), I'm thinking of connecting the FMM module power plug into the EnergyBar 832 via the 24v ports referenced above. Will this work?

There is no cable available to do that; it’s not a supported configuration.

The FMM itself can get power via Aquabus; the 24V power supply is needed to supply the pump or solenoid connected to the FMM. Don’t want to use that power supply, you can just plug the pump or solenoid into one of the EB832 DC24 ports directly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There is no cable available to do that; it’s not a supported configuration.

The FMM itself can get power via Aquabus; the 24V power supply is needed to supply the pump or solenoid connected to the FMM. Don’t want to use that power supply, you can just plug the pump or solenoid into one of the EB832 DC24 ports directly.
    If I understand your answer you are saying I can do what I ask. Use the EB832 port to power the the FMM and therefore the Solenoid. Right?

If so can anyone point me to the type of connector that I need to plug into the EB832 port?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    The FMM module requires the 12v that travels via the aquabus to power the modules "brain" so to speak. The module also has a 24v acc. port that can switch on and off a 24v device like your solenoid or a pmup etc. BUT, the FMM power being drawn to power the brain from the aquabus cable isn't what would be used power the solenoid/pmup, you would need to plug in a 24v power source into the power supply port on the FMM. As an alternative, if you look on the side of your EB832 you will see a number of ports.

There are 2 24v ports that can be used to plug your pump or solenoid into and then program them to come on or off accordingly.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    The FMM module requires the 12v that travels via the aquabus to power the modules "brain" so to speak. The module also has a 24v acc. port that can switch on and off a 24v device like your solenoid or a pmup etc. BUT, the FMM power being drawn to power the brain from the aquabus cable isn't what would be used power the solenoid/pmup, you would need to plug in a 24v power source into the power supply port on the FMM. As an alternative, if you look on the side of your EB832 you will see a number of ports.

There are 2 24v ports that can be used to plug your pump or solenoid into and then program them to come on or off accordingly.
    Yes, that is what I am attempting to do but since there is no cord to do that I need to make on. I thought I would remove the 24v power supply on the provided cord and add a connector to it that would plug into the 24v port on the EB832.

What I’m asking is can someone point me to the right connector for that port, say on Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJT View Post
    If I understand your answer you are saying I can do what I ask. Use the EB832 port to power the the FMM and therefore the Solenoid. Right?

If so can anyone point me to the type of connector that I need to plug into the EB832 port?
    That is not what I said.

Plug the PMUP or 24VDC solenoid directly into the EB832 DC24 port. The FMM only requires 24VDC power connected if there is a solenoid or PMUP connected to that FMM.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    That is not what I said.

Plug the PMUP or 24VDC solenoid directly into the EB832 DC24 port. The FMM only requires 24VDC power connected it there is a solenoid or PMUP connected to that FMM.
    Sorry, don’t know why This was so hard to connect (pardon the pun). As I laid out all the parts I finally saw what you were suggesting.

Thanks for your patience.

While a cable like you refer to is electrically feasible I think you will find two problems with using it.

First is that if you do find the parts it is likely going to cost you just as much to make the cable as it does to just buy the power adapter from Neptune.

Second is that when connecting it this way you actually have two outputs to make sure are turned on in order for any accessory to work. You have to turn on the output on the EB832 and the one on the FMM in order for the device to actually turn on.

The real options are get a power supply for the FMM ot just plug the accessory into the EB832 directly instead of the FMM. Either works.