Thread: Breakout box

Regular Vistor

Breakout box

How are you doing everyone.

I am in the process of hooking up a breakout box hooked up 4 different float switches everything was working when switch goes on or off on fusion interface but there is pretty big time delay almost a minute before the switch opens or closes. Any ideas as to what would be causing this?

There is nothing wrong; it's just a delay in the display of the current switch state. The switch input itself is changing state almost instantly, and any programming using that switch reacts with a second of the time the switch changes state. The Apex Fusion Dashboard is not updated instantaneously in real time; the Dashboard updates itself about every 30 seconds.

Use APEX Local instead of Apex Fusion if you want while testing your switches.. it has a faster dashboard update rate.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There is nothing wrong; it's just a delay in the display of the current switch state. The switch input itself is changing state almost instantly, and any programming using that switch reacts with a second of the time the switch changes state. The Apex Fusion Dashboard is not updated instantaneously in real time; the Dashboard updates itself about every 30 seconds.

Use APEX Local instead of Apex Fusion if you want while testing your switches.. it has a faster dashboard update rate.

Thank you for the info

Regular Vistor
    This may be a dumb question but what is Apex local compared to Fusion? I'm in process of installing a breakout box as well and testing is an issue.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lou_raffael View Post
    This may be a dumb question but what is Apex local compared to Fusion? I'm in process of installing a breakout box as well and testing is an issue.

Thank you
    Fusion is cloud based, basically everything has to go over the internet. Apex local is all done in your local network. So as long as your apex is connected to the router and your computer can connect to the router no internet service is needed.

You can get the local dashboard by typing in the ip address assigned to the Apex.. usually 192.168.1.x if on PC. Can't remember Mac address 10.10.... something or other.

If you never changed the host name you should be able to type http://apex and get a login. If you changed the name just substitute apex for that name. I think once or twice I've had to use https:// if http doesn't work.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk