Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSM Module programming

Frequent Visitor

LSM Module programming

Hi,

I just installed the LSM Module tonight.

My lights turn off at approximately 8:30pm.

I would like the moonlights to turn on at full or half intensity from 8:30 to 10:30pm and then follow the moon table after.

How would I do this. I have the LSM and the 3 string LEDS plugged into it.

Frequent Visitor
    No one? At least can someone share code on how to dim the lights? I think they are too high. I want to follow standard moon phases minus 50%

Instead of using ON, use 50.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON
    If Time 20:30 to 22:29 Then 50
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I just installed the LSM with 2 of the Apex leds. It says
    Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 then ON

is there anything I need to do in order for it to follow the moon pattern where I live? thats what I would like it to do.
    I have the Apex 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post
    I just installed the LSM with 2 of the Apex leds. It says
    Set OFF
    If Moon 000/000 then ON

is there anything I need to do in order for it to follow the moon pattern where I live? thats what I would like it to do.
    I have the Apex 2016
    You have to edit the season table.

Frequent Visitor
    Hey Zombie. Thanks but, Where do I do that. I have the Apex 2016.

First, your Apex must be running AOS version 5.01_2C17 (or later). The Season Table page is found in Apex Local (not Apex Fusion). Start on the Dashboard. Click the Expand button (3 gears), then the Misc button (wrench), then the Season Table button (sun).

Frequent Visitor
    found the season table I think. Its in local. trying to set it up. thanks for the hint....

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks buddy. You are awesome. Looking up local monthly sunrise sunset times now

Frequent Visitor
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 7.51.59 AM.jpg
    Hey Zombie I am obsessed with the apex lol. Such a cool system. Just takes me a little while to find things. That being said Is there a way to upload a more detailed perhaps daily chart for moon settings? Not even sure how to choose only one moonrise and moonset for an entire month. Really messing with my OCD. Also following the question you guys were involved with about designing moon settings. Thank you in advance for you time.

Sppf21, see this sticky: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...e-Season-Table

The sticky was written for the Apex Classic, so the appearance of things in the Apex 2916 is different but the concept is the same.

For the lunar part, you enter the times of moonrise and moonset for the date of the new moon for each month on the Moonrise/Moonset page. Then on the New Moon page, you enter that day of the month of the new moon.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you. New moon makes sense. I have entered all the information for sunrise sunset, Moonrise , Moonset, and the new moon. This is very cool. Thanks so much for your time. You guys are awesome!!

Frequent Visitor
    So today the lights did not come on? I tested them using on and they work, today is a new moon. Is this normal operation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post
    So today the lights did not come on? I tested them using on and they work, today is a new moon. Is this normal operation?
    The answer is in the sticky

Frequent Visitor
    It is there. Sorry and thank you.

Regular Vistor
    Do your moonlights now start to track the phase with their brightness? When I first connected the LSM to an APEX2016 and changed the programming from the default example curve to the "If Moon 000/000 then on" program, they never operated correctly. The season table and new moon dates have been updated to local conditions. I'm currently running the default curve but would love to get back to a more realistic lunar cycle.

Frequent Visitor
    I followed the sticky above. Edited my local times with the new moon. It has been working within 5 minutes of what the daily moon rise and moon set in my area has been. So far I am impressed with the program. Not sure if it matters but I edited all three including sun rise & sun set, moon rise & moon set, and the the new moon. Also I used my local times from a link, which can be found in the sticky. I am working on a video to show each step. Hoping to have it done soon. Going to give props to RussM and Zombie. Really appreciate the help in this forum. They are awesome.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks. I was too impatient when I last tested this. I set it all back to follow the moonrise table and found the lights were coming on about 40 minutes after the stated moonrise time based on the same table I used to set up the new moon rise in the first place. The LSM is working fine now.

Frequent Visitor
    This is the programming I'm using for the LSM

Set OFF
    If Time 20:50 to 22:00 Then ON
    If Moon 000/000 Then ON

I'm using the 3 module unit on a 4 foot tank and it's too bright. How do I reduce the overall intensity but still have it follow the moon table?

Frequent Visitor
    In Line 3 - If Moon 000/000 Then ON, Replace ON with a percent. That will reduce the brightness.

Example: If Moon 000/000 Then 10 This would reduce brightness to about 10%

Just be sure you are running the latest software.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    In Line 3 - If Moon 000/000 Then ON, Replace ON with a percent. That will reduce the brightness.

Example: If Moon 000/000 Then 10 This would reduce brightness to about 10%

Just be sure you are running the latest software.
    Does that code work for decreasing the Max brightness at full moon to 10% and then interpolate the remaining brightness values based on the phases of the moon cycle?

Or, does this code just turn on the moon to a fixed 10% brightness if the moon has illumination during its cycle?

Frequent Visitor
    That I can't confirm, just as I got it set up, I switched my lighting to (3) XR30 Gen 4 Pros. So now I use that to simulate the moon phase.

Regular Vistor
    Upgrade from an LSM to that your fish are going to be planning their first lunar mission soon. Better get a cover for that tank!

Frequent Visitor
    No sheet!
    I'm only running the lunar program on center fixture, and I have it dialed back to 5% intensity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast