Thread: WXM Module

Regular Vistor

WXM Module

Hi,
    I bought a new WXM module and trying to hook up to the Apex. So i was able to update the firmware on the WXM and also the FW for the RF module.

I then went to the dashboard, I clicked the lock icon on the right and was able to add the Radion(Gen 2) 1, 2 and 3 tiles. The tiles say "missing". I tried googling, none of the instructions seem to be upto date imho. I tried following this guide

http://neptunesystems.freshdesk.com/...e-radion-setup

But I am not able to update the FW, as it keeps auto updating without giving me the option to select the downloaded FW file. Some one mentioned to switchoff the wifi, reason being I could select the downloaded FW file from Neptune. No matter what I do, i was not able to update the FW using Neptune file.

Please let me know what is the mistake I am doing.

Thank you very much,
    Vamsi.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    What verison of FW are on the Radions now? On my Gen 2's I am running 1.7.8 and IIRC 1.7.6 worked well also. I can't tell exactly what you are looking for in your question, but for now I would try the get starting guide with the Apex and not worry about the Radion FW update at this point as my guess is that they will work ok as is.

Go here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/wxm/radion/
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    What verison of FW are on the Radions now? On my Gen 2's I am running 1.7.8 and IIRC 1.7.6 worked well also. I can't tell exactly what you are looking for in your question, but for now I would try the get starting guide with the Apex and not worry about the Radion FW update at this point as my guess is that they will work ok as is.

Go here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/wxm/radion/
    Hi Chad,
    Thank you for the reply. I will try to follow the video and configure this evening. In the mean time this is the firmware version -
    Bootloader Version - 1.1
    OS Version - 1.7.6
    RF version - 1.2

I also attached the same. Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Thank you,
    Vamsi.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, I didn't have any trouble on FW 1.7.6 with mine. Make sure you do not have a reeflink anywhere near the process. Follow the getting started guide with your gen 2 radions and we will troubleshoot issues if the process fails. Do this for each light individually at first. One thing you might do since you are in the Radion with the ecosmart connection manager is to factory reset each light. Then disconnect from any and all ecotech software (no reeflink, no USB connecton) then go through the guide.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Hi Chad,
    Thank you very much for your help. I got it right this time. However, I do not see sunrise option, only sunset? Is there anything else I need to do for that. Or is that the Radions Gen 2 do not have a sunrise option? Please see my screen shots.

Thank you,
    Vamsi
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't recall exactly but I believe it was determined that sunrise and one of the other settings were so similar that they got rid of it. If I searched long enough I could probably find the thread, but there is not that option for my G3's either. I have G2's and G3's. Enjoy!
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Chad, thank you very much for the help. Can you point me, where I can find different Radion profiles. In terms of the different intensities at different times .

Quote Originally Posted by VJ79 View Post
    Chad, thank you very much for the help. Can you point me, where I can find different Radion profiles. In terms of the different intensities at different times .
    Go to Apex Fusion and go into your outlet that was created for the programming of the Radion. In there you will find a little schemes download option. You can find multiple setups there. Also of interest is the Coral Labs Radion "Study". Google search "Coral Labs Radion" and you should find it. I run the SPSAB program for 10 hours a day on a Zeovit system at 50% and am having amazing luck right now in an SPS dominant tank.

Radions about 8inches over the water surface. On this setting I measure with my Apogee SQ520 and am seeing about 200-300 par halfway down in the tank. I have 4 Radion perpendicular setup on my 120.

Capture.PNG
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Thank you !! Have a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by VJ79 View Post
    Thank you !! Have a good evening.
    All are good, some just better than others!
    Chad