Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apex Fusion power issue

18yrs 300 DD

Apex Fusion power issue

I keep getting texts like thisScreenshot_20171107-194352.jpg and my alert log looks like this.Screenshot_20171107-194339.jpg

Can someone explain this cryptic message?

Regular Vistor
    Looks like your power possibly flickered or maybe your Apex updated. Basically shows it powered off at 19:39:46 and back on at 19:40:02 indicating a loss of power, for whatever reason, for 16 seconds.
    How many messages did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18yrs 300 DD
    I've probably gotten 15 of these since installing it. I was actually next to the tank at that time stated and nothing shut off... at least not lights or pumps.

Could this be connected to a flicker in the wifi connection?

Regular Vistor
    I don’t think so, but I am by no means an expert!
    How long have you had it installed and often are you getting the alerts? Have you updated to the latest firmware?
    I had issues with getting text every hour, I rebooted the Apex and all is well now.

18yrs 300 DD
    Had it a couple weeks, some days nothing and others it'll do this 4 times within an hour.

I did all the updates but I might try a reboot and see what happens.

Regular Vistor
    Quite a few people are getting this, including myself (see https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...-AB17-firmware). I had it in the past when I was wireless. When I hard-wired to the router, it had been quite stable until the latest firmware release. I've only gotten a few actual reboots, but I'm averaging one Fusion heartbeat disconnect an hour (although more of a random pattern)

What seems to be happening is, when the Apex is having network issues, if they are bad enough, it decides to reboot itself presumably to try to resolve them. Your equipment attached to the EB832 will resort to the "Fallback" state, which is often to keep running, which is why you're seeing everything stay up. Anything directly connected to the Head unit (like variable speed outputs) are hosed. Some modules honor the fallback, some don't, some in-between.

Like you I see the notification on my phone and email, but nothing shows up in the alarm log.

I've expressed my displeasure to Neptune of why network traffic should have ANYTHING to do with functionality besides monitoring and making changes. The Apex and EB832 are still talking so everything should operate just fine. Being an embedded SW person for Avionics systems, it baffles me how anyone would consciously come up with a solution to network issues being a reboot of a critical system. While this isn't an airplane, many people have 10's of Thousands of $ worth or livestock and equipment relying on it. Isolate/modularize the network portion of the code so it has no impact on the remainder!!! I don't mind the disconnects...home networks aren't overly reliable. All the more reason not to reboot based on local network flakiness.

Regular Vistor
    As rjkrejci has with the 2016 model I also have the same issue but with Classic running the AB17 software just updated days ago. I'm also hardwired for 2 years with no issues until the update.
    Working with Neptune support but not getting anywhere fast.
    Mine sees to be on a 730 am to 8 pm ish schedule and never reboots overnight. Only during the day.
    If I cant resolve in the next few days with support gong to dig out an old PC and see if I have the 4.40_CC15 zip file of the original software I installed in the Apex when it was new and attempt to go backwards in software.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by sltwtrfsh View Post
    As rjkrejci has with the 2016 model I also have the same issue but with Classic running the AB17 software just updated days ago. I'm also hardwired for 2 years with no issues until the update.
    Working with Neptune support but not getting anywhere fast.
    Mine sees to be on a 730 am to 8 pm ish schedule and never reboots overnight. Only during the day.
    If I cant resolve in the next few days with support gong to dig out an old PC and see if I have the 4.40_CC15 zip file of the original software I installed in the Apex when it was new and attempt to go backwards in software.
    +1. Same thing has happened to me the last two days, once each evening at about the same time. I also updated the firmware to 4.53_AB17 a week ago.

New User
    I am also getting dozens of Apex Fusion Power Issue emails daily since doing the firmware update. Someone commented on the FB group page that Neptune Systems said this is a bug and will be releasing a new firmware. Is this true, and if so does anyone know the timing?

18yrs 300 DD
    I have not had another message in 5 days... the only thing that changed is I put in a cheap WiFi repeater nearby the unit. During setup my unit showed 2-3 bars and now it's full... at least for me the issue was possibly due to an under powered receiver. I decided to try this after noticing one of my cell phones got a fantastic signal but the one I converted to a webcam was sketchy.

New User
    My apex is hard wired so WiFi is not my issue.

New User
    Does anyone know if Apex is working on this? Since the latest Firmware I cannot connect to Fusion with my Apex Classic and I too am getting power reboots 3,4 a day. Is there another thread that is addressing the overall Fusion debacle with the new firmware? I can run hardwired or WiFi and no difference. Cannot connect. Getting a new Token is crap because I have months of water parameter data tied to this Token.....

Quote Originally Posted by robram27 View Post
    Does anyone know if Apex is working on this? Since the latest Firmware I cannot connect to Fusion with my Apex Classic and I too am getting power reboots 3,4 a day. Is there another thread that is addressing the overall Fusion debacle with the new firmware? I can run hardwired or WiFi and no difference. Cannot connect. Getting a new Token is crap because I have months of water parameter data tied to this Token.....
    Getting a new token doesn't delete anything. All those logs are either stored onboard the apex or linked to your account not the token.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

18yrs 300 DD
    Correction, my unit has lost connection 9 times just in the last 24hrs. It has simply stopped texting me which I need to figure out.

Frequent Visitor
    My experience with Apex is that it is super sensitive to power quality. Once I put my system behind an overspecced UPS with AVR my issues with Apex have gone done by atleast an order of magnitude. It’s still far from avionics grade kit but with a bit (ok a LOT) of redundant design I am more happy than unhappy. I have a wired line connection and a wireless backup. BTW my router is also on a UPS. You will thank me later when your home loses power.

Frequent Visitor
    Wow I am going through this right now. I updated the firmware AB17 last week and yesterday all of a sudden fusion lost connection to my Apex Classic. I have exchanged multiple emails with the Neptune support but no luck. The controller just keeps rebooting. It finally stopped last night on its own but I still am not able to connect using fusion. I have a support call schedule within an hour with Neptune. Keeping fingers crossed. Wow I thought I was the only one but it seems like the new firmware definitely has issues.

Frequent Visitor
    so my issue was some corrupted data that probably came in when the apex rebooted after a firmware upgrade...Luis from Neptune was able to delete all the corrupted data and get me back on fusion.....problem solved....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I am on wifi and firmware 9C17. For the past week, I also have had a lot of failed - restored notifications. What is going on? No conclusion and Neptune has not admitted the problem? Or still all finger pointing?

2017-12-05 09_04_04-Inbox - [email protected] - Outlook.jpg

2017-12-05 09_04_15-APEX Fusion.jpg

New User
    Has anyone rolled back their firmware? And if so did it correct the issue? I was going to go back to the previous version, but I cannot locate the file. I at least had a stable system then. Really disappointing. I have not been able to log into Fusion for weeks to adjust anything.

New User

Apex Classic rebooting every 6 hours with Power Outage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by robram27 View Post
    Has anyone rolled back their firmware? And if so did it correct the issue? I was going to go back to the previous version, but I cannot locate the file. I at least had a stable system then. Really disappointing. I have not been able to log into Fusion for weeks to adjust anything.
    So I am not going to upload the new firmware after reading this forum. Its strange that I never touched any of my settings on my apex but suddenly giving me messages about a power failure on my aquarium. I noticed that my main return and skimmers would turn off at 00:00, 06:00, 12:00, 18:00, 00:00... I would get a notification email or text and this process repeats over and over. The Apex technical support reviewed my code and is currently telling me to check my router to see if the DHCP resets itself after every 6 hours I will review the settings on my router again. But this happened out of no where! Very Strange.

Regular Vistor
    I am still on 9C17, not the latest AB17. I experienced this problem since last week so it is not because of the latest firmware.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by derekc View Post
    I am still on 9C17, not the latest AB17. I experienced this problem since last week so it is not because of the latest firmware.
    I am still on 4.40J_ 3A16 which goes way back. It’s been stable but this was sudden too. The only things I’ve added was the apex dosers

Regular Vistor
    Hmmm. Would it be the heartbeat thing? Maybe the server at neptune that is responsible for listening to the heartbeats is bottlenecking or not able to process our heartbeats randomly? I will try disabling the heartbeat and see what happens.

2017-12-05 13_11_10-APEX Fusion.jpg

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by derekc View Post
    Hmmm. Would it be the heartbeat thing? Maybe the server at neptune that is responsible for listening to the heartbeats is bottlenecking or not able to process our heartbeats randomly? I will try disabling the heartbeat and see what happens.
    I was thinking of doing that as well. Should I disable mine?

New User
    But doesn’t disabling the heartbeat stop the texts and such? I’d like to know of these outages.. wanted to see your approach.