Thread: Firmware update

Frequent Visitor

Firmware update

I need help. I bought a used apex jr from someone. I went to install today. I did the initiate memory clear as I was told that is how to factory reset it. I then hardwired it into the router and hardwired the computer to the router. I tried to update the firmware so I can get fusion but it will not work. I called Neptune and they went over a few things with me. The controller is showing an IP address of 192.168 and so is the computer so I know it is on the same network. It seems that it cannot find the controller as when I do the update it keeps saying time out, unable to connect. I have tried for hours and Neptune said I could send the unit in to be looked at. Before I do, is there anything I am missing that will let the firmware be updated to I can connect to fusion. Also on the controller, it says Fusion:no com. Any help would be appreciated. The seller said it worked fine for him.

Thanks.

You could try a "firmware force". Unplug the unit, start the update, let it fail a few times, plug unit in, let it try for a few minutes.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Didn't work. I bet I can throw it far though!!!

Do you have any connectivity to the controller at all? Can you get to it with a browser? Have you read the comprehensive guide section on network setup?

New User
    Hi Everybody, I have a similar (not exact thing), I was doing the updated to 4.53 and it completed the whole process then, the Apex restarted with the same 4.52 version so I did everything again... but this time, it rebooted and now I finished with a blank blue display and nothing shows on it. I tried to locate the Apex in the router so I could use the old site and tried to control the Apex, but it is unsuccessful. The thing is that everything lost its programming (ATO's, Refuge Light, etc., etc.) I also disconnected the power but nothing. I tried for hours all the tricks that I know and others found in forums before asking for help here and nothing. Can anyone throw light on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Canelo View Post
    Hi Everybody, I have a similar (not exact thing), I was doing the updated to 4.53 and it completed the whole process then, the Apex restarted with the same 4.52 version so I did everything again... but this time, it rebooted and now I finished with a blank blue display and nothing shows on it. I tried to locate the Apex in the router so I could use the old site and tried to control the Apex, but it is unsuccessful. The thing is that everything lost its programming (ATO's, Refuge Light, etc., etc.) I also disconnected the power but nothing. I tried for hours all the tricks that I know and others found in forums before asking for help here and nothing. Can anyone throw light on this issue?
    Saw something similar that was resolved by disconnecting the display and then everything else came online. He then updated the module firmwares and then plugged the display back in and it let him update that as well I think. Though I think his case just lost connection to other modules, and didn't lose any programming.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Saw something similar that was resolved by disconnecting the display and then everything else came online. He then updated the module firmwares and then plugged the display back in and it let him update that as well I think. Though I think his case just lost connection to other modules, and didn't lose any programming.

Thanks for replying Zombie!

so I should disconnect the display and wait or should I power re-start everything?

will I be able to control the Apex through the fusion in my laptop? b/c I tried and nothing has changed...

Quote Originally Posted by Canelo View Post
    Thanks for replying Zombie!

so I should disconnect the display and wait or should I power re-start everything?

will I be able to control the Apex through the fusion in my laptop? b/c I tried and nothing has changed...
    No idea, I would just try either or voth and see if it helps. I couldn't find the post in a quick search, but it might be similar enough to at least have a shot at fixing.