Thread: Alarm programming.

Frequent Visitor

Alarm programming.

What's the best way to set up your alarms. Should I just type the program into the alarm folder or should I use a virtual outlet. I seen some where but can't find it that I can use VO for some reason. I believe it was for a labeling reasons

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I type them in the email outlet. Doing so gives you the probe reading where a virtual outlet will just say it's out of range. You can also use the inputs page but I don't like that method because it's scattered so you can't quickly see what is there and you can't apply global things like defer or ignoring alarms at certain times of day.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks.

I use VO's for some things and not others. For instance I have a float switch in my sock chamber that let's me know if flow threw my socks is restricted prior to my normal scheduled sock change. If I just program the alarm off of the float switch input then I will get an alarm the entire time that switch is triggered. By using a VO I can have the ability to allow the alarm to notify me but then I can turn the VO off so that I will receive notifications of other events instead of just the socks being dirty. Remember that alarms only notify you of the first issue they run into and not all issues that may be going on.

Frequent Visitor
    Cool thinks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I type them in the email outlet. Doing so gives you the probe reading where a virtual outlet will just say it's out of range. You can also use the inputs page but I don't like that method because it's scattered so you can't quickly see what is there and you can't apply global things like defer or ignoring alarms at certain times of day.

I had an issue last night with my Apex loosing programming and now my email outlet is gone. How can it be recreated ?

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-SS View Post
    I had an issue last night with my Apex loosing programming and now my email outlet is gone. How can it be recreated ?
    Check your unused tile bin. You cannot recreate it yourself. If it is actually gone only support can fix that.

Regular Vistor
    Ok, thanks for that info zombie,

My Apex crashed and all outlets were lost on both my EB's, even the tiles were missing from the lockers. And also all the other 24v links and stuff. I got the outlets back by using "Update Software" option to reload the firmware and then got all the EB outlets back. But the Email Alarm outlet is still missing.

I'll raise a support ticket.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me how email alarms work? It is said that you type it in the alarm folder.

I have never touched this folder and was not aware what it does.

In the Beginning, Somehow I do get power outage and low/high cond, ph , etc alarm. But none of that appear any more except for a ATK/FMM alarm since it not set up at all, Just plugged in.

These lines are in there: Set OFF
    If Error ATKpmup_4_1 Then ON
    If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then ON

What is going on and how do i set it up? I thought alarms will go off as long as the alarm box is check in the Inputs section. Really confused here.
    When You're a NOOB, You need lots of help all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 2mk View Post
    Can anyone tell me how email alarms work? It is said that you type it in the alarm folder.

I have never touched this folder and was not aware what it does.

In the Beginning, Somehow I do get power outage and low/high cond, ph , etc alarm. But none of that appear any more except for a ATK/FMM alarm since it not set up at all, Just plugged in.

These lines are in there: Set OFF
    If Error ATKpmup_4_1 Then ON
    If Swx4_2 CLOSED Then ON

What is going on and how do i set it up? I thought alarms will go off as long as the alarm box is check in the Inputs section. Really confused here.
    They can come from the alarm thresholds in the inputs page and what is written in the email alarm. The inputs page alarms do not populate an outlet with code so it's not possible to see all of your alarms in one place. Because of this I manually type all of my alarms in the email outlet and add a 30 second defer to that so they are all denounced from noise (inputs alarms do have a built in 10 second defer) and I can see them all in one clean place.

They can come from the alarm thresholds in the inputs page and what is written in the email alarm. The inputs page alarms do not populate an outlet with code so it's not possible to see all of your alarms in one place. Because of this I manually type all of my alarms in the email outlet and add a 30 second defer to that so they are all denounced from noise (inputs alarms do have a built in 10 second defer) and I can see them all in one clean place.

I also read from one of the threads that you can let Fusion handle alarms and not type it in. Is this correct and how do I let fusion handle it?

I also read from one of the threads that you can let Fusion handle alarms and not type it in. Is this correct and how do I let fusion handle it?
    Whoever told you that was referring to input alarms, which are slightly easier to setup but can be annoying to troubleshoot cause they are so scattered.

Whoever told you that was referring to input alarms, which are slightly easier to setup but can be annoying to troubleshoot cause they are so scattered.

So if I do set it up in the email alarms page, it override all others, is this correct?

Choose one of the other. If you put them in email alarms turn them off in input alarms.

So if I do set it up in the email alarms page, it override all others, is this correct?
    Nope they act like logical OR so they will not overwrite each other. They have to be manually added and removed if you want to move from one category to another.

Nope they act like logical OR so they will not overwrite each other. They have to be manually added and removed if you want to move from one category to another.

In other words, if I want to use only input page alarms, I have to clear all statements in email alarm ? So what statements do i put in email alarm page if I want to use all input alarms?

If I decide to use only email alarms, then what would be a statement be to detect an off energy bar outlet when it turns on?

In other words, if I want to use only input page alarms, I have to clear all statements in email alarm ? So what statements do i put in email alarm page if I want to use all input alarms?

If I decide to use only email alarms, then what would be a statement be to detect an off energy bar outlet when it turns on?
    You can use either or both. But if you have the same alarm in both it will not overwrite.

Amps/watts alarms use the following form

If Output Outletname Watts < X Then ON

Or

If Output Outletname Amps < Y Then ON

For something like a pump, it's best to check for underwattage (detects broken impeller) and overamperage (detects stalls). Overwattage and underamperage serve no purpose with a pump. For something like a heater you can use Amps or watts high or low to detect problems.

You can use either or both. But if you have the same alarm in both it will not overwrite.

Amps/watts alarms use the following form

If Output Outletname Watts < X Then ON

Or

If Output Outletname Amps < Y Then ON

For something like a pump, it's best to check for underwattage (detects broken impeller) and overamperage (detects stalls). Overwattage and underamperage serve no purpose with a pump. For something like a heater you can use Amps or watts high or low to detect problems.

Thanks. I will have to play with some statements to find out what it does.