Thread: Australian Pluged Power Supply - output 24v-1.5A

New User

Australian Pluged Power Supply - output 24v-1.5A

Hi All,

I canot find local AU plugged power supply that has an output of 24v-1.5A, I can only find 24v-1A or 24V-2A, Will there be issues with either?

Thanks for your help

For what purpose?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    To charge a module - Say a 1link, or any 24v neptune equipment, say a Auto Feeder. I know that I can get a travel adaptor and this will work fine, but the adaptors are a pain in the but, they either,

a, get loose with out knowing leading to issues
    b, take up heaps of room on the energy bar and sometimes interfer with other plugs

I purchased the 2016 Apex and when I opened the energy bar found out it does not have have any 24V ports to connect a PMUP

and a little OCD perhaps....

Use the 2A one. You can always go bigger on amperage but rarely if ever smaller.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thank you, I will try it and see how I go

You cannot power a 1LINK with a 24VDC 2A power supply - it ships with a 5A PS. The AFS does not use 24VDC power; it does not even use external power, as it is powered via Aquabus.

The PMUP and Neptune solenoid have a different connector than the power supplies for a 1LINK, DOS, or FMM.

You’ll need to be specific about exactly you want to do to get a proper response to your question.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks RussM,

I assumed that they all had the same power supply, All good

New User
    RussM

The FMM module does not come with a power supply, the below is a direct cut out of what is required, will the 2A power supply I have described work?

Power Supply – 24VDC 36W (PS-36-SCHUKO)

This 24VDC, 36W power supply is used with the FMM so that you can attach the powered accessories above like the PMUP or the Solenoid Valve. This power supply is for 220V European-style Schuko outlets.

Now that we're clear on what you are asking about, here's the scoop:

I checked with a contact at Neptune in Sales. You need Neptune part number PS-36-I to provide power to the FMM. It is a "wall wart" plug-in power supply with interchangeable plugs. When that package is shipped to AU, it includes plugs for UK, Schuko, and AU. The AU distributor is Aquadepot; this P/N is found here: http://www.aquadepot-europe.com/bran...s-36-i/a-5927/ However, the Aquadepot web site lists it incorrectly in the product description as being PS-36-SCHUKO, and has the wrong image... it's not a brick-style PS; as I mentioned, it is a wallmount type.

New User
    Thanks RussM