Thread: OS-1 getting stuck open

Regular Vistor

OS-1 getting stuck open

I've been working with support on this but we're not really getting anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here.

Issue:
    OS-1 gets stuck in an open state which keeps my ATO outlet on, adding too much fresh water to my sump/system

Details:
    This has been working fine for months (FMM with 1 OS-1 and 1 leak detection sensor connected). I recently added two flow sensors though, and that's when this issue started happening.

Troublshooting:
    -Cleaned OS-1 in vinegar/water
    -Reseated plug for OS-1 in FMM
    -Disconnected FMM from Apex and reconnected with OS-1 disconnected. After verifying Flow sensors are working properly, connected OS-1 and it worked properly for about 4 cycles of on/off for the ATO pump, then it got stuck again
    -Removed flow sensors from the FMM and "reset it" (by disconnecting and reconnecting it) and the OS-1 seems to work properly
    -Borrowed another FMM from a friend and had the OS-1 and leak detection module connected to it with the flow sensors connected to the other FMM. OS-1 seems to function properly
    -Worked with support and sent them diagnostic reports. They said the FMM is communicating but provided no further ideas.

Last night, I factory reset the Apex itself (initialize all) and rebuilt all the configurations. It seemed to work ok last night, and all day today, but when I got home from work today, it got stuck "open" again. Luckily I was home and could manually shut off the ATO pump.

It's really looking like I need to have 2 FMM's if I want this to work properly, but that can't be right.....can it?

Any thoughts/ideas on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    Have you tried manual set the fmm port to optical sensor instead of auto detect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    Have you tried manual set the fmm port to optical sensor instead of auto detect?
    This is a good tip. For some reason I had never checked out the 'Configure' section of the FMM module page. Very occasionally, my RODI reservoir low level optical sensor will appear as a flow meter in Fusion (and then revert back when I refresh the page). I bet that turning off auto-detect will stop this behavior.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yep, I manually set all 4 ports.

After working with support some more, it seems it's just going to be an intermittent issue unless I put the OS-1 on it's own FMM (that's the only time I never had issues). So I've added a "when" variable to the outlet to shut it down if it runs too long and an alarm to text me if it triggers the "when" variable.

Hopefully this works.

Regular Vistor
    Well, the code to shut it off if it gets stuck and send me a text message works.

Now just need to try and figure out why in the world it keeps doing this. Just disconnecting the FMM and OS-1 and then reconnecting them "fixes" the issue....for about a day.