Thread: Connecting equipment questions

Connecting equipment questions

I will just start out saying I’m just starting up my 75 I do not have an apex 2016 YET but seriously considering and researching. I’m also old school fish keeping and just moving towards reefing. Pardon my electronic and controller ignorance.
    1. The 24vdc connections: is that something I could plug my Skimz sn167 dc pump into as well as my varios-4 return pump? Cord adapters? Not a good idea?
    2. If not how are these used? More pmups for reactors and such equipment.
    3. Also, the 0-10v connections how would they be beneficial? I am running t-5s but do have mp-10s. Can they be used for controlling them and/or the dc skimmer and return pump? How to connect?
    thanks for any guidance. I’m reading everything I can find but still cloudy on some things.

Friday24
    The 24vdc connections are for Apex 1link products like their wave makers. There are also ACC ports in the EB832 that will run Apex accessories like their PMUP and solenoids.

The 0-10v ports are where you would connect your LED drivers to control lighting and also where you would connect your VarioS-4 to control it via a cable sold separately. If your Skimz has a 0-10v port on the driver then you may be able to control it as well, the Skimz dc skimmer I used previously did not have that option though.

Your MP-10s would be controllable through a WXM module you would purchase separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct about the skimmer. It does not have the 0-10v port. My mistake

Friday24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell View Post
    So basically you can set the driver at what ever setting you want and control power to the driver from the EB832...for maintenance, feed modes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell View Post
    If you are really handy with electronics and have access to a digital multimeter with a duty cycle setting or an oscilloscope, it's possible you could DIY something to give apex control, but otherwise that skimmer is ON/OFF only. The manufacturer has refused to answer questions about control voltage in the past, so reverse engineering is the only way unfortunately for full apex control.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks. I thought sure it had one but honestly with the skimmer, once it breaks in well and I set it I would just need it on/off for feeding and maintenance so feed modes A and B will be sufficient for sure.
    As far as electrically inclined... HUGE BELLY LAUGH �� �� This controller stuff is all brand new since I took a hiatus from fish keeping while I moved around. I’m learning quite a bit from reading and videos. I didn’t do so well in electrical physics in school and wish I’d paid more attention. Mechanical physics and building is my forte. Yet this controlling is very intriguing and plays into my OCD. LOL. But seriously. Thanks for all your info. It does give me a better understanding of what I’m trying to do.