Thread: Apex classic and varios 2

Regular Vistor

Apex classic and varios 2

Hey guys! I have a various 2 pump and y cable coming in this week. I’ve been looking around so I can know as much when it arrives and make the switch over smooth. I currently have a sicce 2.0 on my Red Sea Reefer 170 with very simple programming.

I’m looking for some insight on how I should program this thing. I basically would like it just to slow down enough for feed time or maybe ramp up and down to help my mp10 that’s on the other side of my pump output. I’m not a programming expert and all my programming I have is basically by doing what I’m doing now, asking and copying and pasting. How would you run this pump and if you can provide some help on how to do it I would greatly appreciate it. (I saw the coralvue write up but it’s on two pump and a lot more complicated than I need and frankly just confuses me)

Regular Vistor
    bump! got the pump installed, I know what speed percentage I want the pump do run during feed mode but I need help with the coding. currently watching the coralvue video but they are doing far more complex programming. For now I just want it to slow down to 8% during my visual feed program I use with the afs.

Frequent Visitor
    I just got a Varios 2 and will install this weekend. How is the programing look like when you plug in the pump? Does the apex know its a pump? Crazy I have a Sicce pump that is going to get replaced. Is the new one a better that the sicce.

The apex can't sense 0-10V devices. It has no idea what is connected if anything. You program it to act how you wish.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I piece some stuff around from multiple threads and the coralvue video and got it to work! I’m starting to understand it more. So far I just have a normal and feed profile where it comes down to 8% to keep the water from draining to the sump. I love it!

Regular Vistor
    I also upgraded to the varios 2 from the sicce 2.0. It’s a far better pump. Quieter, better build quality, more control, and even consumes probably have the energy while still having more flow.

Frequent Visitor
    Here is my coding for VarioS Control. I use breakout box with switches to turn off display tank WAV pumps and when this happens the VarioS is slowed down for feeding.

Set VAR80
    If PWRHDS OPEN Then VAR30
    If SMPSWX OPEN Then VAR00
    If Output VRSPD60 = ON Then VAR60
    If Output VRSPDSTP = ON Then VAR00
    If Output DSPHID = ON Then VAR00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Did you get the feed mode set up where the pump won't shut off but go at a slower speed when feed mode a is engaged

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lsaint View Post
    Did you get the feed mode set up where the pump won't shut off but go at a slower speed when feed mode a is engaged

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    If FeedA 000 Then 30

Would bring it down to 30% intensity during a feed. This requires the latest firmware otherwise you would use a profile in its place.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.