Thread: Please help... AOS upgrade went wrong... no Fusion connection

New User

Please help... AOS upgrade went wrong... no Fusion connection

Hi there

This morning I upgraded from 5.02 5A17 to 5.03 AB17, or rather I tried to. It gave me a message saying my Apex will disconnect from Fusion while installing, but then it would never reconnect. I have followed the Diagnostic steps listed in help, and restarted (pinhole) the head unit 3 times. I have unplugged the head unit from the Energy Bar. I have unplugged the Energy Bar for 5 minutes (twice). I have restarted my router and my cable modem (though internet was always functional in the house).

Is there anything else I can do? Is this something I need to reach out to Tech Support for? All my systems are still functioning properly, ie there is communication between head unit and EB.

Thank you for your assistance

-mark

What color is the light on the base unit? Is it flashing or solid? Can you get to the apex:local page instead of Fusion?

If all your outputs are still switching on and off and varspd etc code is still running then it sounds like just a fusion issue. You can remove it from fusion, reboot your apex (from the local page) get a new token and link it back to fusion again which may solve your connection problem.

New User
    The light is solid orange. When it restarts, if flashes green then turns solid orange.

I have tried to get to my Apex.local and it won't connect to that. It's almost like the wifi is shut off.

I'm going to create a hardwired connection tonight to see if that can fix it.

Thanks for you assistance. I will post again after connecting the Ethernet cable.

-mark

New User
    Ok, so I hardwired the Apex head unit (with a known good cable) and still it won't connect to either Fusion or .local. I don't know if that is the limit of what we can try on here. I'm guessing my next stop is Neptune Tech Support?

Press the rest button on the bottom of the unit (small hole use a paperclip) and hold it in for 5 seconds. This will reset the wifi settings and allow you to connect to the setup wifi host again like when you first setup the unit. This will also allow you to check the network settings while you are connected.

New User
    I'm now working with Neptune support to try and sort this. The wifi reset didn't fix the issue. My Apex isn't generating a token to connect with Fusion