Thread: Wich to choose?

Wich to choose?

I’m thinking of getting a apex system, at I right in saying the classic has to be hard wired to a router? How do people do it if your tank is miles away from router like mine is?

Or should I just shell out for the 2016 model?

Thanks Tim
    Tim

The classic can use WiFi with a gaming adaptor or WiFi extender with built in Ethernet port, but it has to be hard wired for firmware updates (the 2016 can update over wifi). The real reason to get the 2016 over the classic is better processing power, built in 1 link and 24V ports, individual current monitoring, compatibility with future modules like the trident, and simplified setup and firmware update processes.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks for the information zombie, i will go for the 2016

Is there a function that would alert you if the apex lost communication with fusion? As in a power cut?
    Sorry if my terminology isn’t very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim

There are two ways.

1. Use the heartbeat feature built into fusion. This will tell you if comms are lost but doesn't distinguish between power loss or just bad comms.

2. Buy a UPS for your tank and router and use the heartbeat feature. A small UPS would have the aux power supply plugged into the UPS and the router and modem also plugged in. This lets you know about power outages immediately and the heartbeat lets you know about comms issues. A large UPS would have the energy bar router and modem plugged in and the aux supply in the wall. This lets you know about power outages immediately, the heartbeat lets you know about comms issues, and the UPS can keep critical equipment online (like powerheads) until power is restored or the battery runs out

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks option 1 sounds ok, at the moment I have a android phone plugged in the the same circuit wich has a power out app, the phones on charge all the time so when the power goes of it sends me a text.
    Maybe a future thing for apex to have a 3G module

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim