Thread: ATK High level alarm question

Regular Vistor

ATK High level alarm question

Hi All,
    I have an ATK and was wondering if it possible to have it stop sending alarms when’s certain other operations are happening.

For example, I have my skimmer pumps controlled via the apex, when I’m dosing Phyto at night I have it turn the skimmer pumps off for 1.5hrs so I don’t skim out the food I just added.

Is it possible to code the ATK so that when the skimmer pumps are off it will either turn off the ATK or stop it sending alarms as the water level can get close to the higher level sensor when the skimmer is off...

TIA

:-)
    Julian

The water level rising while your skimmer is off will most likely cause your ATK to never run / add top off water. Once the skimmer turns back on and the water equalizes it will sense you missed 1.5 hours of top off and add a little more.

If you have the high level sensor programmed to send an alert you could make a virtual outlet with the sensor.

[High_Sensor] Or whatever you want the virtual outlet to be named
    Set OFF
    If ATK_HI* Closed then ON (whatever the name of the sensor is labeled as)
    If Output Skimmer* OFF then OFF (Whatever the name of your skimmer outlet is named as)
    Defer 00:05 Then ON

In your alert programming remove the ATK_HI sensor and replace with the virtual outlet.

If Output High_Sensor ON then ON

Frequent Visitor
    Are you running the ATK as a stand alone unit or connected to an Apex controller? As a stand alone unit, you cannot change any of the alarms or other programming. If the upper optical sensor is getting covered by water when the skimmer turns off, you can buy a separate bracket and move the upper optical sensor so it stays dry. You could also plug the ATK module into the same outlet that controls your skimmer. Note that this will power-cycle the FMM and reset the memory for the IQ fill feature so the max fill time will default to 5 minutes rather than adjusting to the average run time for your system.

If you have it attached to your controller then yes, you can; see eschulist's post. Another way is to use feed modes. My alarm programming is:

Set OFF
    If [Sump high water level sensor] CLOSED then ON
    If FeedA 005 then OFF
    If FeedB 005 then OFF

This means that the sump high sensor turns on an alarm but the alarm is then turned off if the FeedA or FeedB programs are active. The 005 means Apex will wait an additional 5 minutes after FeedA has been turned off to activate the alarm.

Since the alarm programming is read sequentially, any the 'If Feed...' lines will only affect the conditions above them, not anything that comes after them in the program.