Thread: Apex.local issue

New User

Apex.local issue

When I connect my phone to apexsetup in the wifi setting on my phone or pc and go to safari type in apex.local the page loads but I’m not getting any WiFi options anybody know what to do?

New User
    I’m not saying this is universal, but I had to do a hard reset on mine to get through a similar kind of thing. Be advised it will wipe all the existing programming off.

Once all my IT checked out (router etc), my unit was broadcasting but it didn’t trigger a WiFi selection window.

Held down the reset button for a 90 sec and things worked from there out.

Mine was a second hand unit and I think this had a role to play for my situation. Felt really “buggy” getting it re-configured for a new user on a new network after it having been taken off an old network and stored for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    If it’s a new unit prob a different story.

New User
    No it’s not new I just had to replace my router. I been going through this issue for a week now seems like other people have same stories but I tried best I could to fix it and I’m sorta giving up. I held the reset button before for 20 sec many times before but 90 seemed odd so I gave it a try just now. You were right about the programming everything I have plugged in it is not working now but I plugged it on the wall for the time being being but anyways I tried to pull up the page again still not working thanks for the advice though it was worth a shot.

New User
    I agree but I get it. I use to run a global support team for a Biotech startup and these kinds of IT flavored issues would pop up more than we cared to admit on half million dollar gear. This is an $800 controller that only a few K worth of gear and livestock depends on.

It’s not really part of their product. They make something designed to be opened from a sealed box, plugged into the exact network that exists where it was designed and any flexibility that occurs beyond that is a byproduct of good luck and hot fixes in response to even hotter customers.

If I were you I would just escalate through their support to a Remote Desktop session on a laptop that is logged into your router console so they can see your network settings and how your controller is behaving in real time under those settings.
    HTH

New User
    Yeah I agree, it can get complicated especially for someone who is not really good with technology. I thought the apex unit was gona be hard to configure but out of the box it seemed like a plug and play type deal but It is kinda tricky especially for an easy task to connect to WiFi.
    Will do thanks for the input I actually been taking to them for the last couple days few hours ago they replied saying to schedule the desktop session but now they said I got to wait till Monday bc the Holliday’s.

Holding the reset button in for 5 seconds will reset the Apex into WiFi setup mode without resetting all of the programming. Did you try that first before resetting to factory? That will let you setup a connection to the new routers WiFi.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    Holding the reset button in for 5 seconds will reset the Apex into WiFi setup mode without resetting all of the programming. Did you try that first before resetting to factory? That will let you setup a connection to the new routers WiFi.
    Yes I did