Thread: 10V controller Red Dragon 3 set up issue

Wang

10V controller Red Dragon 3 set up issue

Hi
    I need some help on how to setting 10V controller Red Dragon 3 set up issue in Apex system.
    The function I need is set up the pump at 20W in the night from 20:00 until next day 08:00 then turn 46W in the rest of day time.

Would you please teach me how to set it up in Apex system? I have read some info thru. your thread and still ca not get it right.

If pissible please offer me the screenshots to me and I can follow it step by step.

Thanks.

You can figure out the percentages by using the code

Set XX

Where XX is a test percentage. Make sure you are current on firmware or you will have to use profiles instead. Try a value and see what value gives you the desired flow through trial and error. Since you don't have a 2016 apex you are gonna have to eyeball it instead of doing by wattage.

Once you figure out the percentages, use this code structure. Use XX for daytime percentage and YY for nighttime percentage.

Set XX
    If Time 20:00 to 08:00 Then YY

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Wang
    I am not sure I full understand what you mean but I try to do below setting. However it seems it does not work.

螢幕擷取畫面 (54).jpg螢幕擷取畫面 (55).jpg

The code you tried does 100% for the entire day except for 8:37 to 8:40 which runs at 30%. That will most definately not work. Update to the latest firmware. Then use the code I showed above. With the latest firmware you don't need profiles to do constant percentages. You just type in the percentage where I showed XX and YY

Pump profiles are meant to oscillate a powerhead type pump between two intervals entities. You should not attempt to cheat one into doing a constant speed. Instead, do as zombie suggested.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Wang
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Pump profiles are meant to oscillate a powerhead type pump between two intervals entities. You should not attempt to cheat one into doing a constant speed. Instead, do as zombie suggested.
    OK Please tell me which one I have to chose for setting it as zombie?
    螢幕擷取畫面 (56).jpg

Wang
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The code you tried does 100% for the entire day except for 8:37 to 8:40 which runs at 30%. That will most definately not work. Update to the latest firmware. Then use the code I showed above. With the latest firmware you don't need profiles to do constant percentages. You just type in the percentage where I showed XX and YY

In fact I never upgrade the firmware and even I do not know how to set up fusion...where can I find it?

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexclassic/

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/

You’ll find a wealth of other info - manuals, Get Started guides, etc. in the Support section of Neptune’s web site.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Wang
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexclassic/

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates/

You’ll find a wealth of other info - manuals, Get Started guides, etc. in the Support section of Neptune’s web site.
    I follow the all setps for upgrade the firmware and from my display it show the firmware is newest. However it still not not make fusion funtion works.
    What should I do for next setp?

34327.jpg34328.jpg34329.jpg34330.jpg

10V controller Red Dragon 3 set up issue

Check in the network settings that DHCP is enabled. If it is not, enable it then restart the Apex. Check the Fusion comms status a few minutes later.

Wang
    Check in the network settings that DHCP is enabled. If it is not, enable it then restart the Apex. Check the Fusion comms status a few minutes later.
    After upgrade the DHCP still stay ON, IP changed from 192.168.1.104 to 192.168.1.149 and do the self test.

Just try the restart it works now.

Thanks RussM

- - - Updated - - -

Now I need tp go back my oriignal question.

How can I setle the programming on my 10V controller in Apex?

I need my pump stay 20W in the might and 46W in the day time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    After upgrade the DHCP still stay ON, IP changed from 192.168.1.104 to 192.168.1.149 and do the self test.

Just try the restart it works now.

Thanks RussM

- - - Updated - - -

Now I need tp go back my oriignal question.

How can I setle the programming on my 10V controller in Apex?

I need my pump stay 20W in the might and 46W in the day time.
    See what I wrote in post 2.

Wang
    See what I wrote in post 2.

I am really not smart enough!
    When I back to fusion page I have not idea what you mean on
    setXX, where I need to set it up?

You don't even need to go into fusion. Go to the varspd outlet and type those into the advanced code window.

Wang
    You don't even need to go into fusion. Go to the varspd outlet and type those into the advanced code window.

I tried to set up the program as below however it seems some where still wrong and the pump keep runing as 46W.
    Should I set another program in other place?

35239.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I assume your time settings were for testing purposes? If not you need to change those to 20:00 to 08:00. If so, make sure your time on the apex matches real time.

Wang
    I assume your time settings were for testing purposes? If not you need to change those to 20:00 to 08:00. If so, make sure your time on the apex matches real time.

The time I put on the Apex just for testing.

Wang
    It is really strange.
    The 10V controller seems work for a while(a small red indicate on controller just stay on) but when remove the power then reconnect power again, it becomes not work again.
    Anyone knows what is happened?