Thread: Programming for use of DC24 Port to Shut Off Tunze ATO

New User

Question Programming for use of DC24 Port to Shut Off Tunze ATO

Folks, I use the Osmolator for my ATO, but every time I turn off the return pump for feeding and then later back on, it runs wild until the water level in my sump normalizes. I can't put the osmolator on a controlled outlet because it does a pump priming run every time it is given power anew. My planned solution is to intercept the power to the pump itself for 5 minutes after anytime the return pump is turned on. I've successfully installed an electrical relay in the wire to the pump with the pump attached to the 'normally on' path. The control channel on the relay is 24V so I've wired that to the DC24 port. When the DC24 is turned on, the relay switches to the off position thus killing power to the pump.
    To my question: I'm sure it's not complicated, but what would the code be to turn on LinkA_2_9 for 5 minutes any time RETPUMP_2_3 is switched on?
    Many thanks!

If I understand correctly, try this:

[Start_Up] (Virtual)
    Set ON
    If Output [Return] = ON Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then OFF

[OSM_Disable](DC24)
    Set OFF
    If Output [Start_Up] = ON Then ON
    If Output [Return] = OFF Then ON

OSM_Disable would normally be OFF/False so that the Osmolator could operate. If Return is OFF/False or Start_Up is ON/True, then OSM_Disable would be ON/True. The virtual outlet Start_Up is ON/True when Return is OFF/False and for the first 5 minutes of Return having changed to ON/True.

New User
    Thank you Todd! I'm new to Apex so I'm not completely familiar with the syntax used on the forum. Are you indicating that a virtual outlet be created plus add the code under [OSM_Disable](DC24) to the DC24 programming? Or, does all that get written to the DC24 outlet?

Yes, you would need to create a virtual outlet for the Start_Up code. The OSM_Disable code would be in whatever ACC outlet you are using for the 24 VDC. These should show up as LinkA and LinkB (plus address) in the outlets menu. I wouldn't expect them to have any existing code in them. I have not used these for anything myself, so proceed at your own risk. But as I understand what you want, you would supply 24 VDC to your relay in order to interrupt the internal power to the Osmolator pump.

New User
    Works great, thanks!

Glad it worked.