Thread: Putting multiple devices on one outlet

Frequent Visitor

Putting multiple devices on one outlet

So..instead of biting the bullet just yet on a new energy E832 bar I am wondering if you can pair devices on one outlet-
    For example-my led lights go on/off at the same time everyday. Can I put them both on one outlet.
    I am also going to get a microalgae reactor that has a pump and a small led light. Same thing essentially in putting them on same outlet.

Not sure if this is unwise in potentially overloading the energy bar and crashing everything.

Thanks

Lawrence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Faulker's Maze View Post
    So..instead of biting the bullet just yet on a new energy E832 bar I am wondering if you can pair devices on one outlet-
    For example-my led lights go on/off at the same time everyday. Can I put them both on one outlet.
    I am also going to get a microalgae reactor that has a pump and a small led light. Same thing essentially in putting them on same outlet.

Not sure if this is unwise in potentially overloading the energy bar and crashing everything.

Thanks

Lawrence

Ok I was just reading that each outlet can handle up to 7 amps but 15 cumulative on the whole energy bar.
    Right now with everything running, it is 2 amps total. Each led is .3A. So perhaps more of a yes?
    That info on the energy use is fantastic!

You can definately put multiple devices on the same outlet as long as you don't exceed 7A. One thing to be careful of though is making sure you have a drip loop before the splitter and keep the splitter in a dry location.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You can definately put multiple devices on the same outlet as long as you don't exceed 7A. One thing to be careful of though is making sure you have a drip loop before the splitter and keep the splitter in a dry location.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Thanks!
    No worries on drip loop- the e832 is on the other side of the wall of the tank and above the hole in the wall. Just about everything goes through that except one. And I am going to take a look at that one that’s not.

Lawrence