Thread: Connecting zetlight to VDM

Connecting zetlight to VDM

I got myself a Zetlight on Black Friday along with a VDM module and a connecting cable.

I got the VDM module plugged in, but can’t figure out how to actually program the light after I plug the adapter cord from the light to the module? Any tips?

I’m a major noob, so probably something pretty simple. If there’s a thread with(or someone has) visual aid that would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the fixture into APEX mode. Then use this sticky to properly configure the VDM: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...light-fixtures

Then program the 4 VDM serial outputs using the Apex Fusion wizard for those outputs to operate on the schedule and intensity desired.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Put the fixture into APEX mode. Then use this sticky to properly configure the VDM: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...light-fixtures

Then program the 4 VDM serial outputs using the Apex Fusion wizard for those outputs to operate on the schedule and intensity desired.
    How does one put the light in “apex mode?”

It should be in the manual.

It’s been a long time - but IIRC, you press the IN button until the display on the end of the fixture reads “APE”
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    It should be in the manual.

It’s been a long time - but IIRC, you press the IN button until the display on the end of the fixture reads “APE”
    Thank you!! I figured it out! Couldn’t find it in the manual.

Regular Vistor
    As an update today I installed VDM with a Zetlight UFO ZE8200 passing by the A200 interface and all is working perfect. I have White, Green, Blue and Red channels available in Apex Fusion.

I used this cable to connect the serial port from VDM to A200

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/zetli...n-cable-1.html

All you have to do is connect first the P2 jacket into A200 side (the side with mini USB) and after the serial to VDM. With this A200 will show a red light.

After that you just need to add VDM Module into Fusion, update firmware, configure with 4 channels and the controllers will came up available and able to use the wizards to precisely draw my photo light timeline. great as you can see at the picture! Thanks APEX certifying products.

Zetlight1.jpeg

Now the tricky question!

I saw some screenshots and videos where not only the timeline curves was available but also the color sliders into the wizards.

Zetlight2.jpg

Is this related to each vendor?

Thanks

Jeferson

Color sliders are specific to radions and AI lights. You have to configure it by channel for a serial connection.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Oi Jeferson! Tudo bem?
    Estou com a maior dificuldade para ligar minhas UFO no Apex. Sera que voce poderia me dar umas dicas? Segui tudo que li no Forum mas nao consegui. Eu nao consigo chegar no "Wizard". conectei o VDM, configurei 4 canais. liguei o P2 no A100, liguei o serial no VDM, tenho as quatro cores no Apex Fusion mas elas nao controlam nada e eu nao acho este Wizard!
    Muito obrigado.
    Andre.

Regular Vistor
    https://chat.whatsapp.com/GBvKU4nmdTJ0Nui3Y0BpyB enter into our wha’s app group and I’ll try to help you.