Thread: 6040 on safety connector and battery.

6040 on safety connector and battery.

I have my 6040 pump connected to a battery through a safety connector and the pump isn't powered on when I unplug the AC. AC is not from Apex I checked the fuse and it seems to be ok. The control is through an Apex, Apex has power and the leds on on Tunze control box are lit up when I disconnect the AC but the impeller is motionless. Could the leds be powered by the Apex variable speed port? I wonder if the battery is no good but have no way to check. Roger Vitko said I need a % power message from Apex when AC goes off. How do I do that?

I don't have a 6040, but I found the manual online. The AC is actually being converted to 12VDC, so if that is working I would say the battery is too weak/dead. How big is the battery? How is it kept charged?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by powers2001 View Post
    I have my 6040 pump connected to a battery through a safety connector and the pump isn't powered on when I unplug the AC. AC is not from Apex I checked the fuse and it seems to be ok. The control is through an Apex, Apex has power and the leds on on Tunze control box are lit up when I disconnect the AC but the impeller is motionless. Could the leds be powered by the Apex variable speed port? I wonder if the battery is no good but have no way to check. Roger Vitko said I need a % power message from Apex when AC goes off. How do I do that?
    If you have the 6040 set on “external control” you must power the apex brain for it to work. Or manually change the modes so the apex is not needed.

how big is your tank? I have an APC pro 1500 and the battery extender. I can run my apex, main pump, DOS, and one 6040 for 7 hours on batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I don't have a 6040, but I found the manual online. The AC is actually being converted to 12VDC, so if that is working I would say the battery is too weak/dead. How big is the battery? How is it kept charged?
    IIRC Roger Vitko told me in an email AC is converted to 24VDC. Battery is 800mA IIRC. Battery is not being kept charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Garron View Post
    If you have the 6040 set on “external control” you must power the apex brain for it to work. Or manually change the modes so the apex is not needed.

how big is your tank? I have an APC pro 1500 and the battery extender. I can run my apex, main pump, DOS, and one 6040 for 7 hours on batteries.
    Pump is set on external control and there's power to Apex brain.

There has to be a line of code in pump channel for instructions when AC goes out but I don't know anything about it

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by powers2001 View Post
    IIRC Roger Vitko told me in an email AC is converted to 24VDC. Battery is 800mA IIRC. Battery is not being kept charged.

Pump is set on external control and there's power to Apex brain.

There has to be a line of code in pump channel for instructions when AC goes out but I don't know anything about it
    there is a PowerPoint Russ made on setting up a ups with an apex, you will want to find it

if everything is powered the apex will not care that the power is not on. I did not add code to my pumps only to things like a heater to turn them off.