Thread: ATK question

Regular Vistor

ATK question

Ok hooked up a brand new ATK and everything seems fine, but wait. When the ATK turns on the ATO water barely dribbles out causing the pump to run unnecessarily for minutes at a time before the water level is reached. When I disconnect the hose from the pump the water is shooting out strong from the pump. When I plug the hose back in and disconnect the other end of the hose from the optical eye unit the water comes out strong, but when I put it all together the water barely dribbles out. I removed the white plastic screw on top of the unit and same thing. Any ideas on what's wrong?

Your float might not be set right and/or something is clogged.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    How far away is the pump and is it on a different floor?

Have you checked to see if there is any debris blocking the float valve? I don't have one myself, but I assume the float valve can be adjusted some to determine when it cuts off the flow?

Frequent Visitor
    The float valve is pretty restrictive. Mine is more than a dribble, but it certainly isn’t gushing out, either. Ditto the above suggestions to inspect the float valve and make sure the hole isn’t improperly drilled or otherwise obstructed.

If you’re ok doing without it, you can remove the float valve completely as well.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for all the helpful responses. Got everything working now. Didn't realize how small the outlet hole actually is.