Thread: Temp Probe not recognized

Frequent Visitor

Temp Probe not recognized

I am in the process of setting up my apex and am having trouble with my temp probe not being recognized and not being shown on my display or in Fusion. For reference, my temp probe is connected to a PM1 and the temp port on the head unit is empty. I have verified that the temp port on the head unit works as I have tried plugging an additional temp probe into the head unit to see if I get a reading and it does.
    Additionally, I am getting error messages because the default temp is 20* and is what is shown on my display. I have combed over the Comprehensive Reference Manual (CRM) and am having a hard time understanding how I can correct this issue.
    I am sure that it is something that I don't have configured right but for the life of me I do not know what or how to correct it.
    I am sure that I will have a million other questions with this system like where is says on page 96 of the manual under "PM1 Probe Expansion Module" where they indicate that there is a webpage that displays the Module Status. I can't find it. Or on page 128 where it tells you that you can check the software revision of your AquaBus modules to insure you have the latest firmware but there is no information on how to get to the "Configuration- Module Setup" screen. I have looked in Fusion and I have looked on my display for these setup screens but I surely did not find them.

Anyway, if you can help me with getting my temp probe working I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Tom

Using the web interface, under Configuration there is Probe/Input Setup option. I only have the one Temp probe, but there is an option to Enable/Disable. I would expect you to have a second Tmp entry in the drop down list. Disable the one for the head unit and enable the one on the PM1.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Using the web interface, under Configuration there is Probe/Input Setup option. I only have the one Temp probe, but there is an option to Enable/Disable. I would expect you to have a second Tmp entry in the drop down list. Disable the one for the head unit and enable the one on the PM1.
    When you say "web interface" are you referring to Fusion?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No. He's talking about the classic dashboard.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Classic Dashboard, that was exactly what I was looking for. The manual talks about it starting on page 35 but it makes it sound like something you don't need if you have the ability to use Fusion.
    With that information and using the classic dashboard, I was able to get my temp probe working and it also answered a dozen more questions.
    Thank you for your help,
    Tom

Yeah. Classic dashboard isn't needed for much if you use fusion, but I have to bust it out for module updates, season table changes, module/probe configuration, and it's really handy when doing lots of code since it uploads faster.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Yeah. Classic dashboard isn't needed for much if you use fusion, but I have to bust it out for module updates, season table changes, module/probe configuration, and it's really handy when doing lots of code since it uploads faster.

If I understand correctly, there is no functions of Fusion that will allow for module updates, probe configuration and a few other functions.

Quote Originally Posted by tom39 View Post
    If I understand correctly, there is no functions of Fusion that will allow for module updates, probe configuration and a few other functions.

Correct. Can't use fusion for everything on a classic.