Thread: switch wired to LDK port

New User

switch wired to LDK port

hello there,
    I finally bit the bullet and ordered an apex and extra power bar for my new tank that is arriving next week!!!

DT upstairs, sump and fuge downstairs. The apex and 832 power bar are downstairs along with a breakout box. At the DT upstairs I have a power bar 6 for my lights and gyre that is connected to the main unit downstairs via aquabus. I purchased a LDK module for the diaplay tank upstairs. Since i am only using two of the four ports on the ldk would it be possible to splice a RJ plug end on say a doorbell and make a feed switch or panic button for the upstairs display??

If i cant use the ldk.. what should I use? I cant use a BOB because the I/o comnection is downstairs

The LDK is not a module; it is a package consisting of a FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module) and two leak sensors. The FMM has 4 ports, but it has TRRS connectors, not RJ. The older Advanced Leak Detection Module (ALD) has RJ connectors. So it’s not clear what you have. Regardless of whether you have a ALD or FMM, the use of float switches or other dry contact switches is not supported with either module.

You can use the BoB downstairs - just run wires between the switch(es) and the BoB alongside the plumbing to the tank. A CAT5 network cable of suitable length with the RJ45 plugs cut off works nicely for this purpose.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    thank you for clearing that up.
    cheers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk