Thread: Neptune apex email stopped working

New User

Neptune apex email stopped working

Hello,

So I have my apex set up to send emails and text messages with no problem and it has been woking for sometime (3 months ) however every so often I stop getting notifications for email and text alerts (my last alert I received on 9/21/2017) and I have not gotten one since ad nothing had changed. This is also not the first time that this has happened. After a few months it just seems to start working again. I am hard wired to an Ethernet cable, have no problems communicating with the apex, have tried restarting the apex, powered down the apex y unplugging, and have no issues with it.Any ideas o how to fix it without totally wiping out my apex and starting over ? (has been working for 2 years)

When I had a similar problem, I deleted my phone from the notification list and then added it back.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Did you delete your phone in fusion or your phone number off the actual apex system screen ?

The "scorched earth" approach of initializing an Apex in hope that it might resolve a problem is rarely a good thing to do. That usually just causes a lot of unnecessary disruption and work.

It sounds like you are using the legacy email feature in the Apex to send emails directly via SMTP to a mail server. zombie's comment applies only to Fusion notifications, which are different. My suggestion is to discontinue the use of that old email stuff in the Apex, and to configure and use APEX Fusion to send alert notifications. That being said, let me ask... What version of firmware is on the Classic? What email provider are you sending email through?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Are you talking about enabling heart beat ? And I am not running the latest version but it’s the version before this last release.

Quote Originally Posted by ixa1929 View Post
    Are you talking about enabling heart beat ? And I am not running the latest version but it’s the version before this last release.
    No, I am not talking about Heartbeat specifically. Heartbeat is just one function that uses the the Fusion notifications system. The main use of Fusion notifications to to inform you of alarm conditions specified in the Email output of the Apex.

What email provider do you use to send Apex emails?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Yes I use fusion to send emails sorry . Provider is time warner cable.