Thread: Need help with getting app to work on my cell

Regular Vistor

Question Need help with getting app to work on my cell

I have a apex Jr that i can open app on my laptop but can't get it to work on my cell.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Donsreef View Post
    I have a apex Jr that i can open app on my laptop but can't get it to work on my cell.
    I do not think the App allows you to access over the internet, only on the same local network, at least that has been my experience in the 2 days I have had it I instead set a bookmark on my home screen that goes to the Apex Fusion website and that works just fine.

Depends on what you are referring to by app. There is no laptop app for the apex. The classic dashboard doesn't work on mobile very well if at all, and is only available within the local network unless you set up port forwarding. Fusion is available anywhere regardless of device.

If you give us enough information, we can help, but simply saying this app doesn't work on my cell is not enough info to even attempt a solution.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I dont want to put words in OPs mouth, but at least what I am talking about, and assuming they are as well, is the mobile Apex App, (in my case from the google store/on Android). I set mine up and it is only asking for a local IP, or will find it via a search if you are on the same network. This isnt helpful once you get off your local network however so I have been using the Apex website, which seems to be working OK on mobile.

Regular Vistor
    I had this same problem and I got the following response from Neptune:

Thank you for your inquiry.
    I would be happy to assist you. I'm sorry to hear you are having some trouble with your mobile connections and App. First let's clarify the difference between our Old Neptune Systems App on the iOS,and Google Play Store and our Cloud Service at www.ApexFusion.com or the New iOS app

The Neptune Systems App:
    https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/mobile-apps/

This downloadable app is available for your phone or tablets. It's a home WiFi-Only capable remote to your Apex Controller at home. It's great for quick access when you're at home on your Phone or Tablet while it's connected to your home WiFi Network. Username is 'admin' and the password is '1234' (This is if you have not changed from the factory setting)

Our iOS Fusion App:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apex...114191823?mt=8

This downloadable app is only available for your iOS mobile phone or tablets. This gives you remote access to your Apex Controller at home or away. It's great for quick access when you're Apex from your Phone or Tablet while it's connected to your mobile Network.

Our Cloud Service | ApexFusion.com
    We also offer a Cloud-Based Service for your Mobile Tablets and Smart Phone needs! If you need to access your Apex on the go anywhere in the world! This is for your 4G, LTE, Phone Data network. If there's an internet connection with you than this is where you should be for all your aquarium monitoring needs inside and outside your home. Start by going to www.ApexFusion.com and sign in!

Don't have an account? Sign up!

That's it, and with that fusion offers enhanced features exclusive to the ApexFusion interface as well as control, measurement monitoring, and it's own EMail w/ Text alert system. There's a lot of bonus features in ApexFusion that will completely enhance your Neptune Systems Apex experience on your smart phone, tablet, and iPad when you're on the go.