Thread: ATK Apex 2016?

New User

ATK Apex 2016?

I have my ATK plugged into my apex and have the drop down of ATO chosen for my programming. The programming is attached in a photo below. It shows the sw-1 closed and sw-2 closed and the program as off but my pump still turns on and is adding water. When I have it as a stand-alone it works fine. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Anti-siphon break installed?

Use the Task function to program your ATK.

Frequent Visitor
    I assume the dashboard showed the ATK pump in the Auto position and on? What do the optical sensors read when the pump is on?

Make sure you have the optical sensors plugged into the right outlets and not reversed. Assuming this is the case, you can start troubleshooting:
    • First manually move the upper and lower sensors in and out of water to make sure they’re registering properly (remember, the dash board can take a bit to update)
    • If you actually want to see the pump run, remove the Defer 00:10 statement to make it easier, otherwise you can just start by looking at the sensor readings on the dashboard.
    • Leave the upper sensor out of water (or on the floor) and try putting the lower sensor under water then above water to see what the pump does.
    • Assuming this works as expected, put the upper sensor under water and do the same thing with the lower sensor. The pump should stay off.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loginkml1 View Post
    I have my ATK plugged into my apex and have the drop down of ATO chosen for my programming. The programming is attached in a photo below. It shows the sw-1 closed and sw-2 closed and the program as off but my pump still turns on and is adding water. When I have it as a stand-alone it works fine. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Try replacing your code with "If SWX2_1 open then on" and "If SWX2_2 closed then off". I think you just have the wrong switches referenced in your programming. They should auto-populate when you type the new code and you have to choose the right one. The reason it runs is because switches by default are "open" until something closes them ie. float switch, sensor etc.
    Chad

New User
    Thank you for those who responded and I will troubleshoot your recommendations. I am sorry for the late response but I am new to this and use Tapatalk app to follow and couldn’t find it after I posted it. Sorry for my mobile stupidity. I will try this tomorrow and see if any of it resolves my Issues. Thank you again.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    Anti-siphon break installed?

Use the Task function to program your ATK.

I am a newbie to the Apex 2016 and I didn’t know about the task function, I used it and it works perfect now. Thank you for the suggestion, it has helped with a few more things I needed to do in the future. Thank you and everyone for the help!!