Thread: Apex Jr No Longer Found on my Network- Changed routers/copied settings/Static IP

New User

Apex Jr No Longer Found on my Network- Changed routers/copied settings/Static IP

Hello,
    I have a 92 gal corner reef for about 10 years and the Apex Jr for about 8. It has the latest firmware update I believe and have had no issues with it. I bought a new router, same brand, copied the same port forwarding info (I use Dyn.org for my static IP service) and the Apex is not found on my network when I look up connected devices. All other devices have been successfully found and working fine. Since I can't access it to see any settings (no display) how can I fix this? Any help much appreciated.

Is the network IP address range used by the new router the same as that used by the old router? For example, your old router may have used 192.168.1.xxx but the new one uses 192.168.0.xx addresses.

Do you have an Apex display module?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    IP range is exactly the same and I do not have a display. Also the other device (a webcam) that I added and opened ports for, works fine.

Did you try rebooting the Apex by removing power?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Did you try rebooting the Apex by removing power?
    yes I did

New User
    lhe green and yellow lights are correctly on, everything seems in order. But I get a message when directly connected via ethernet to the controller. I figured I would try to flash it again, and it gave me an ARP IP error. I wrote to support via their website contact page and that doesn't work. Email is stuck on processing. I guess I will call them Monday. Worth pointing out that another device, a web cam, whose ports were opened in the same fashion, is working fine. My guess is the IP has changed but I cannot find out what it might be and it is not listed in my devices in the network as fa as I can tell.