Thread: Setup Issues.. Troubleshot almost everything

New User

Setup Issues.. Troubleshot almost everything

I am fairly decent with computers so i'd like to think this isn't me

I setup the the 2016 on the WIFI. It takes about 3-4 Minutes for the page to load to find my home wifi.

I reconnect to my network and type in the IP my Apex is connected to. It starts to load... loads loading... then Red Line with Comm Error..

I click refresh 2 or 3 times... It finally takes me to login in page.. I type in admin/1234... Loading Loading.... Error like 30 Lines of Page Fails.. Click Refresh.. Loading for 2 or 3 Minutes. then Comm Error..

I have Full Reset the system 3 or 4 times.. and almost identical things happened. Sometimes the load times vary but it never gets passed the login screen successfully.

The weird thing is the utility finds the device but it still wont load..

On my tablet the App finds the device and connects to it just fine ( yes I have verified it is the same IP)... It appears like it constantly connects and disconnects on the app.. but at least I can see things..

What am I doing wrong..

New User
    Have you tried restarting your router? I had a dickens of a time setting up mine on wifi but when I did it made a solid connection. Also if you are too far from the router you might get connection issues. Also the apex will only work with a certain encryption. Your router must use WPA2 encryption. That is what stung me the first time around.

Instead of the IP address, have you tried [apexname].local? Have you tried connecting with different browsers? Also, you didn't mention if you're connected to Fusion. I've found, somewhat surprisingly, that Fusion is faster and more responsive than accessing the Apex by local IP.