Thread: apex.local works from windows-PC but not from Android Devices

New User

apex.local works from windows-PC but not from Android Devices

Hi!

I'm new on APEX and have successfully set-up my Apex 2016 using a Windows 10 based PC.

I'd like to use the apex.local interface as a control panel next to the tank, however apex.local works if called from the PC browser, but not from android phones or Amazon Fire devices. I get a DNS error (err_name _not_resolved)

Is there something else I need to do for android configuration?

Obviously I checked an the PC and the android devices are connected to the same wi-fi network. Apex Fusion works normally on these android devices.

Thanks

Carlos

Android can't use the feature that allows you to use apex.local in place of ipaddress.local. If you want to access from an android, use the ip address. I use a static ip instead of DHCP for this very reason.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Android can't use the feature that allows you to use apex.local in place of ipaddress.local. If you want to access from an android, use the ip address. I use a static ip instead of DHCP for this very reason.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thank you. I figured that out last night following the Neptune get starded instructions using Android, They recommend using an Ip Locator that does just that and worked on my android phone.

The Amazon Fire however is not working, I could not manage to install Google Play apps on it yet. I configured a security option to allow it, but still does not work

Thansk you for the help.

Best regards

Carlos