Thread: ATK stand alone + solenoid in a big sump = alarme and shut off

Regular Vistor

ATK stand alone + solenoid in a big sump = alarme and shut off

Hi all i install an ATK stand alone + solenoid in a big 180 gallon sump and my problem is neptune is shutting off and fall down in alarm before the sump is fill. i guess because it take to long to fill and it get in protection is there a way to fix this issue?

thank

Frequent Visitor
    Please show us the current program so we can help you figure this issue out.

Regular Vistor
    no program it stand alone

Frequent Visitor
    The IQ fill feature takes the average of the last 5 fills and will shut off the pump if it runs for more than 2 times that average. If 5 fills haven’t occurred, it will shut off after 5 minutes.

From your description, it sounds like it’s shutting off at 5 minutes and you then have to reset the device. To my knowledge, this is hard coded and there is no way to change it when running in standalone mode. Does it really take more than 5 minutes for it to top off the return chamber of your sump?

The float valve significantly restricts the water flow from the PMUP. Removing the float valve and having the tubing empty directly into the sump would dramatically increase the flow and increase the total volume that you could pump before the device times out.

If that doesnt work, the only other option I could think of would be to use the 24V output of the FMM to control a relay that in turn controlled a bigger pump.

Regular Vistor
    I dont use a Pmup i use the neptune solenoid to fill directly from he RODI. Problem Neptune make those selenoid to use with ATK but they dont seem to work together as RO are slow to feed

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by reefsolution View Post
    I dont use a Pmup i use the neptune solenoid to fill directly from he RODI. Problem Neptune make those selenoid to use with ATK but they dont seem to work together as RO are slow to feed
    I don't think you're going to make this work then. I believe Neptune designed the ATK to be used with the PMUP when in standalone mode. Your set up would work if your evap rate was smaller or if you were using your ATK with an Apex controller (you could easily modify the code to do what you want it to do) but the standalone hard code is and will continue to be a problem in your specific application.

Frequent Visitor
    Ditto - the FMM may run the solenoid fine, but straight gravity flow through ¼" tubing is going to be quite slow; you'll need some sort of pump to augment the flow to make it feasible.