Hi,

A few newbie questions... I setup the AFS using the Wizard:

First feeding 1pm
    Repeat interval 300
    Rotations 2
    Feedings per day 2
    Feed Timer: A

Questions...

1] My intention is to feed 2 rotations twice a day at 1pm and 6pm. Did I get this right?
    2] My other outlets were programmed manually (e.g. the skimmer will turn off for 15 min if FeedA). Does "FeedTimer: A" in the wizard cause those statements to be evaluated for other outlets?
    3] If I happen to feed manually though the Fusion dashboard or Apex control panel - does that add an extra feed, or does the program try to compensate by delaying or cancelling a scheduled feed?

Finally

4] Do people really turn off the main return pump when feeding?

I could do this but it seems like a bad idea to stop and start the main return every day. Surely that would reduce the life of the return pump?

Quote Originally Posted by droog View Post
    Hi,

A few newbie questions... I setup the AFS using the Wizard:

First feeding 1pm
    Repeat interval 300
    Rotations 2
    Feedings per day 2
    Feed Timer: A

Questions...

1] My intention is to feed 2 rotations twice a day at 1pm and 6pm. Did I get this right?
    2] My other outlets were programmed manually (e.g. the skimmer will turn off for 15 min if FeedA). Does "FeedTimer: A" in the wizard cause those statements to be evaluated for other outlets?
    3] If I happen to feed manually though the Fusion dashboard or Apex control panel - does that add an extra feed, or does the program try to compensate by delaying or cancelling a scheduled feed?

Finally

4] Do people really turn off the main return pump when feeding?

I could do this but it seems like a bad idea to stop and start the main return every day. Surely that would reduce the life of the return pump?
    1. Yes, but only if all you want are rotations of the AFS. If you want additional behavior like skimmer turning off this wizard isn't the right way.

2. That part will function the same way with the AFS, but only when you manually feed. It will not turn your skimmer off for automatic feeds.

3. No, consider manual feeds extra snacks.

4. Many do. The reason is to keep food out of the overflow and sump and inside the tank where it can be eaten instead of decay. This will reduce the life of the pump, but on quality pumps the effect is neglegable. Cheapo pumps can lose quite a bit of life.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Great! Thanks for the quick response Sir :-)

In that case I'll do the outlet programming shown on other threads here. I have to say this seems like a poor design choice for the interpretation of the Wizard...

-droog