Thread: Apex trouble

New User

Apex trouble

Ok I have the latest firmaware .(classic)for some reason my display stopped working and it caused what I thought a short in the apex because when I unplugged it from the main unit it was able to bring the rest of the eb8 online .they were flashing green ..so I left unplugged thinking ok replace bad screen .no biggy ..now I have the same problem with the screen unplugged called support they said I have a short somewhere ..unplugged each device and bring eb’s Back online (solid green) I’ve done that the problem seems to be only when I plug other devices into the aqua buss connections whether it’s the feeder or the dos still brings the system back to a flashing green status.unplug the aquabuss connections back online other than the main controller screen still won’t diplsay anything other than blank screen..any help would be greatly appreciated

Try one module at a time to see what the offending issue is (using different ports can also help). Also make sure you update the module firmware for each module when it's solid green as outdated module firmware can have similar symptoms as a short.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    It’s been a year atleast since I’ve looked at any modules.im guess from reading prev post to look at the modules I have to use the module classic dashboard?only by the means of laptop? Thanks

Correct. It's classic dashboard only for pre-2016 apex models.

New User
    Since my screen display is down /blue how do I log into classic dashboard.dont I need the ip ?thanks again .. I’m advace

You can use the firmware update tool to find the ip. Most browsers also support the hostname feature of the apex, so you can just type http://apex (assuming you didn't change it to something else).

New User
    All modules show ok even the display module which is not even hooked up presently?
    The only one which shows old is the dos which I don’t currently have use for at this time

Update regardless of wether they say OK or not. If you are having problems, one could be corrupted or the automatic check could be wrong (it's feature based not version based when it says OK).