Thread: Varios 8 program

New User

Varios 8 program

I have the Classic Apex. I want my Varios 8 to run at a constant rate and to slow down to 30% when the automatic feedA runs and when I feed manually feed D.

I used Fusion wizard to set the constant 70% .

This is my program:
    Fallback ON
    tdata 00:02:00,0,0,70,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,70,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    If FeedA 000 Then Pump_Feed
    If FeedD 000 Then Pump_Feed
    Pump_Feed is a Profile:
    Control type ramp
    Ramp time 0
    Start intensity 30
    End intensity 30
    I changed the Misc settings for thefeed modes to 1 minute rather than the default 5 – this gives me a slowdown of2 minutes.
    I had Set ON following the Fallbackstatement but after saving, the Set ON statement would jump down to,- before theFeed statements and then run the pump at 100% ignoring the tdata.
    Questions:

Why did the Set statement move in the program?

Is this program OK or is there a better way?

How can I slowdown to occur before my automatic feederA runs, so there is a minute or 2 for the tank level to drop? -Time statements?

There shouldn't be a set statement to begin with. Remove it if it's still there.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    What version of firmware do you have. If you have updated to the latest then you no longer need to use profiles to set constant variable port speeds you can just use the number. I would avoid the wizard as tabled programming is not so easy to read. here is my programming for my Varios6. I am transitioning myself so there is a mix between profile and the new programming rate.

Fallback Steady72 //have to use a profile for the Fallback and Set on variable ports. No option to directly program except for COR
    Set RampUp72
    If Output NormalRtrn = ON Then 72 //Virtual outlet NormalRtrn is on 24/7 by default
    If Output FillRtrn = ON Then 26 //I use this as my Fill up rate for water changes as I fill into the sump and this rate keeps sump level
    If FeedA 000 Then 10 // feed rate down to 10%
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF //water change

If Output NormalRtrn = ON Then 72 //Variable rate set to 72% when virtual normal outlet is on. That outlet is on based on time 24/7
    If Output FillRtrn = ON Then 26 //I use this when I am refilling after a water change since I fill in my sump and not directly into the tank
    If FeedA 000 Then 10 // feed speed is 10%

I used the example straight out of the AFS document to delay the AFS by one minute. The AFS programming seems redundant but it works

"~One final example. Here we want a complete feeding workflow:
    Initiate Feed cycle
    turn off return and skimmer
    wait 1 minute  feed  wait 10 min  turn on return  wait 5 min  turn on skimmer
    Here’s how you would accomplish that. First, you’ll need a virtual outlet (for information on how to create virtual outlets, see the Comprehensive Reference Manual). We’ll start with a simple one time a day, single rotation feeding but you can adapt for any number of feedings:
    [v-feed]
    Set OFF
    If Time 12:00 To 12:01 Then ON

[skimmer]
    Set ON
    If Outlet v-feed = ON Then OFF
    Defer 15:00 Then ON

[return]
    Set ON
    If Outlet v-feed = ON Then OFF
    Defer 10:00 Then ON

[feeder_3_1]