Thread: firmware update did not go so smoothly this time...

Regular Vistor

firmware update did not go so smoothly this time...

I updated my Apex to the most recent update a couple of weeks ago(4.53_AB17) It didn't go a well as previous updates. I don't know what happened. The whole system shut done. I finally got things back up and running, don't ask me how. I just did! But ever since the Classic Dashboard keeps giving me this message:
    apex says:

The Dashboard version does not match the firmware version. If you recently upgraded firmware, you must also update the web pages.

I don't want to screw things up any further so I'm asking for help here to correct this issue. Thank you!

What do you mean by shutdown? It is normal for it to do a reboot when installing new firmware. So did you update the webpages? When you do a firmware update, you also need to do the webpages.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy4w View Post
    I updated my Apex to the most recent update a couple of weeks ago(4.53_AB17) It didn't go a well as previous updates. I don't know what happened. The whole system shut done. I finally got things back up and running, don't ask me how. I just did! But ever since the Classic Dashboard keeps giving me this message:
    apex says:

The Dashboard version does not match the firmware version. If you recently upgraded firmware, you must also update the web pages.

I don't want to screw things up any further so I'm asking for help here to correct this issue. Thank you!
    There are two steps to the update process. The first is when you click on the update firmware button and it does it's thing. The apex will reboot and restart and after about a minute, you need to click on the update webpages button as well. Did you do this step? If not, reopen the apex utility program and click on "update webpages".
    Chad

The new firmware announcement for AB17 here on the forum and the web page where you downloaded the firmware updater both tell you that you need to update the Apex’s web pages as the second part of the overall update process. Run the update utility again and do that part.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks. I went back and updated the webpages as instructed above and it updated. At least I think they did because I don't get that little box pop up anymore when I open the Classic Dashboard. But now some how the display module is showing info that I didn't have there before. It's completely different than what I've had up there for a long time. I don't know how it changed. I believe you can change what's up on the display module via the Classic Dashboard but when I try to change things on the display it won't change.(?) The Display Lock is off, I'm sure of that. Any suggestions?

firmware update did not go so smoothly this time...

If you look at the bottom of the Network Setup page, there’s a table which shows both the firmware and dashboard (web page) versions. They will (or should) have the same version.

There are 4 pages available on the display module. The page number is indicated by the number of tiny square fours in the upper right hand corner. Pressing the left or right button changes which page is displayed. My hunch is that you changed the page without realizing it and simply are seeing a different page than you are used to.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    RussM what would this community do without you? Thanks very much. Thanks to you ALL is well!
    Man...your the best.

Bill

New User
    I had a different issue with this update.

The updated goes well until it says:

"Trying to connect: Attempt 1
    Found ARP entry at address 10.0.1.171"

The IP address is not the same as the apex address.

After this everything just stops. My apex reboots and works as if nothing has happened. I cant get any further than this. Any advice?

All firewall and anti virus is dissabled and i am connected via cable.