Thread: Brand new user looking for a friend and advice

New User

Brand new user looking for a friend and advice

Hi everyone
    This is my first post so I’ll start with an apology for not adhearing to any forum etiquette. I’m sure I will learn along the way and be guided by the pros.

Im looking for a setup buddy to guide me along my Apex setup journey? I have some tec knowled and I learn fast when directed correctly but I am feeling overwhelmed.

Happy to to give permission to view/change my Apex program as well ( as it is very simple compared to others in here)
    i just spent way 2 long setting up a simple ATO and I’m wondering what else I have done incorrectly on my 1000 lt display tank set up?

is it possible for somebody to take a look at my Apex dash board and see if I have it set up right?

cheers in advance and looking forward to any advice you feel is appropriate for this noobie

merry xmas all
    scotty

NSI Member
    First, don't give anyone edit rights unless you know them very well and they have seen your tank. It would be too easy for even a well meaning person to make a mistake and possibly mess up your tank.

It might be easiest to work on one thing at a time. Sounds like you have ATO set up. Pick something for the next task rather than tackling the whole thing at once. Maybe heater programming, pumps, or alerts. Also post some details of your setup. What equipment do you have that you are controling?

Frequent Visitor
    Use the Task function in Fusion. It simplifies a lot of the setup and does most of the programming for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks Nicholb, I understand and good advice too. I have 2x 250 gyre flow pumps and they are controlled via a third party controller but I would prefer everything going through the Apex unit. I would like to know how to connect and set it up.

My Abyzz 200 return pump is the same deal, seperate from the Apex but plugged into the EB6 AU version. I heard you can buy an adapter for the hook up?

so the Apex is only controlling power on off or “always” via the EB6 to the 6x Dsunny panned led lights, TK1000 chiller/heater, Abzyzz 200 pump, 2x XF250 Gyre pumps and kessiel refuge light. The ATO FMM is hooked up and seems to be working as I used the task function for this, like vhuang168 suggested. Thanks for that.

id attach photos if I knew how?

NSI Member
    Since the Gyre and Abyzz are not native supported I would suggest you post a question in the DYI forum specifically asking how to control those with an APEX. It might be possible with a custom cable. I don't have either so am not familiar with controlling them.

The Gyres need an ice cap interface. Don't know about the abyzz

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.