Thread: FMM blinking green on ATK

New User

FMM blinking green on ATK

Just got a brand new ATK installed it and it will not do anything. Status light blinks green. Please help

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Need more info.

Stand alone? Connected to Apex?

Pump doesn’t run?

Just blinks green but no beeps?

Was it blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
    Need more info.

Stand alone? Connected to Apex?

Pump doesn’t run?

Just blinks green but no beeps?

Was it blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand alone. Tried as Apex connected and didn't work either. No sounds or anything.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

A FMM connected to an Apex does not make any alarm sounds... only standalone usage gives alarm beeps. When Apex-connected, the ATK alarms are sent as emails, Apple push notifications, or text messages.

What does the FMM status LED do when it is connected to the Apex system?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I believe my fmm module needs to be updated on firmware. To updated I have to connect my computer directly to the Apex and my apple does not have an ethernet port on it so I have to borrow a computer to do it.
    I'm curious why it will not work Standalone it is causing a big salinity issue. I cannot find anywhere what a green blinking light means

What version of firmware is on the Apex? You do not have to connect the computer directly to the Apex to do a Apex firmware update. That is the hardest way to do it. Rather than borrowing a different computer, consider just buying a Thunderbolt/Ethernet adapter. That will serve you better in the long run.

Flashing green means that the FMM is in Apex mode but is not connected to an Apex. This is in the ATK FAQ:

Since you have a Apex, using the ATK connected to the Apex is preferable. But if you do want to use it in Standalone mode, you’ll need to reset it since you’ve already connected (or attempted to connect ) it to the Apex. That’s also in the FAQs:

The FAQs are found on the ATK Get Started Page. https://www.neptunesystems.com/atk-help/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Very helpful info. I put in stand alone mode and purchased a thunderbolt adapter to update firmware. I am new to Apex had been using Cerebra. I didn't know to update modules.