Thread: Sealant for FS-100 Flow sensor

Frequent Visitor

Sealant for FS-100 Flow sensor

Hi, I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on this. I have some "Megaloc- Multi purpose thread sealant" and I am wondering if this will be ok to use for installing the 1 inch Flow Sensor. The BRS video shows the use of Oakley White which I thought was not plastic safe and the Neptune video uses Rectorseal 5. I guess I can go buy some rectorseal 5 but if my Megaloc works I can save a few bucks and more importantly avoid a drive to Home Depot on a Sunday

Thanks!
    C

Megaloc is similar to Rectorseal in that it is a thick-bodied, soft-setting, plastic-safe sealant. It is fine to use. It does have PTFE in it like the basic white pastes so it also serves to lubricate the threads while tightening. So just be careful not to over-tighten the fittings you use it with.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Awesome thanks!