Thread: New ATK/FMM module and issues

New User

New ATK/FMM module and issues

Hi!

I hooked up the ATK kit yesterday, followed all the instructions and am having issues. I have a solid green light on FMM module. PMUP kicks on but alarm goes off every time. I can't figure out the issue for the life of me. (This is the first module I've added to the unit so I've not dealt with this before.)

Sometimes the low sensor stays open. I've manually moved the magnets to force it on and the pump runs, but then I get an alarm.

I've read previous threads on this and tried different advice- checking optical sensor connection, siphon break, etc... I know there is a ton on here about it, but I don't see the problem and am going crazy trying to figure out why the issue.

Help appreciated!!

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 7.32.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-11 at 7.37.34 PM.png

New User
    I figured out the problem with some help from Neptune Systems support. I figured I'd post the solution here in case anyone else searched this topic at a later date.

Assuming all your electrical FMM connections are correct and you follow the "Tasks" menu to set up your ATO then there are 2 more things to check if you are getting errors.
    1)Adjust the float valve so it's sticking straight out with no bend and then adjust it 4 clicks down.
    2)Loosen the connection of the orange tube into the nylon nut at the magnetic ATO piece where the sensors are. Common sense told me to really jam the orange tube in there and make sure it was all snug, but that's not the way to do it.

My problem was that the water flow was obstructed by the orange tube being pushed so far into the nylon elbow. It was blocking the water from coming out at the rate it should, so the system was running longer than the time allowed by the "When" statement, but the low water sensor was remaining "open," which triggered the alarm. The water was at the bottom of the optical sensor, but I wasn't sure what level it needed to reach for the "eye" to trigger, if that makes sense, so I thought it was staying open in error.

Anyhow, once I checked the float valve - the angle of which does impact water flow also - and backed the orange tube out a bit, the problem resolved. It's run 2x now with no alarms. Peace at last!