Thread: Disconnecting radions and mp40 from apex

Frequent Visitor

Disconnecting radions and mp40 from apex

Hi guys
    My apex classic died on me today and as per Neptune I had to send it to them for further diagnosis. I had it controlling my radions and mp40. I want to know how can I use the radions and mp40 manually? Urgent help will be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    You could manually control the vortechs with the driver. You could connect the Radions via usb and control with the ecosmart live software via the ecosmart connection manager. Yes, you would have to cross over to the dark side for a bit. I'm sorry.

http://ecotechmarine.com/documentation
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    You could manually control the vortechs with the driver. You could connect the Radions via usb and control with the ecosmart live software via the ecosmart connection manager. Yes, you would have to cross over to the dark side for a bit. I'm sorry.

http://ecotechmarine.com/documentation
    Thanks but how do I disconnect them from apex to be able to run my mp40 using their drivers. Also how to disconnect radions as well so I can connect to ecosmart

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    For the vortechs just clear the memory as you do in the first step of clearing it prior to attaching to the wxm. The clearing procedure is outlined in the get started guide for attaching vortechs to the wxm. For the radions, you will download the ecotech connection manager, install it and then connect your radions to your computer via usb. Once connected, right click on the connection manager icon and do a factory reset on the radion. Then you can go to ecosmart live and set up an account if your haven't already and via ecotech's software you program the radions with a program that you choose. This is all done via a usb connection so you will have to do each light at a time.

It's been awhile, but I would suggest researching info on ecosmart live as I'm sure they have info on how to get going via their interface.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    For the vortechs just clear the memory as you do in the first step of clearing it prior to attaching to the wxm. The clearing procedure is outlined in the get started guide for attaching vortechs to the wxm. For the radions, you will download the ecotech connection manager, install it and then connect your radions to your computer via usb. Once connected, right click on the connection manager icon and do a factory reset on the radion. Then you can go to ecosmart live and set up an account if your haven't already and via ecotech's software you program the radions with a program that you choose. This is all done via a usb connection so you will have to do each light at a time.

It's been awhile, but I would suggest researching info on ecosmart live as I'm sure they have info on how to get going via their interface.
    Thank you. Ok so I have ordered apex 2016 and now would like to know how can I transfer the same program that I have been using to the new apex. Secondly is it possible to connect the EB8 to the 2016 apex?

Friday24
    Quote Originally Posted by ReefAble View Post
    Thank you. Ok so I have ordered apex 2016 and now would like to know how can I transfer the same program that I have been using to the new apex. Secondly is it possible to connect the EB8 to the 2016 apex?

Unfortunately you cannot transfer classic to 2016. I took screen shots with my phone on Fusion and reprogrammed on my laptop. Not sure if that’s possible for you since you sent yours in already. Yes EB8’s will work.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday24 View Post
    Unfortunately you cannot transfer classic to 2016. I took screen shots with my phone on Fusion and reprogrammed on my laptop. Not sure if that’s possible for you since you sent yours in already. Yes EB8’s will work.

Thanks Friday....i actually haven’t sent in my classic yet i will do it next week however i have actually printed the program from the configuration status so i can just copy it...

Another question i will be installing my apex 2016 in couple of days...i will also be using the eb8 from my classic since my sump is in the basement. When i connect the eb8 to the new apex i can simply delete the old programming i had for each outlet which i did it earlier with the classic, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friday24
    Quote Originally Posted by ReefAble View Post
    Thanks Friday....i actually haven’t sent in my classic yet i will do it next week however i have actually printed the program from the configuration status so i can just copy it...

Another question i will be installing my apex 2016 in couple of days...i will also be using the eb8 from my classic since my sump is in the basement. When i connect the eb8 to the new apex i can simply delete the old programming i had for each outlet which i did it earlier with the classic, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, you just reconfigure the outlets however you want them.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday24 View Post
    Yes, you just reconfigure the outlets however you want them.

Thank you...i was looking at the new Apex and man it is sweet...no more port forwarding, dns server, connecting to router via hardwire for updates bla bla bla...i got it yesterday can't wait....