Thread: Alarm tiles

Frequent Visitor

Alarm tiles

I want to set up e-mail and alarms for ATO, heater etc. but I have no tiles to do this on the fusion dashboard, how do I obtain them ?

An EmailAlarm Tile should be on your dashboard. If it is not click the unlock button at the top right inside Fusion to access unused Tiles. Inside should be the EmailAlarm tile. Drag it into your Dashboard and then relock the tiles.

Inside you can add any conditional programming to tell the Alarm to turn on. When it is on it will send an email and/or text message. If you have not set that up its at the very top right under your login name. Click Settings and then Notifications. Hit the plus icon to add your email or sms or both to be notified when alarms trigger.

Various things like probes dont have to be added to the EmailAlarm tile as they can be setup inside the probes themselves. In the basic section you can use the defaults, otherwise the advanced tab lets you set your own values. These can also be setup using the Task function and then going through Probe Alarms. If you need audible sound alarms you need to be using the Apex Display. These tiles do not appear on your dashboard until a display is connected to your Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by eschulist View Post
    If you need audible sound alarms you need to be using the Apex Display. These tiles do not appear on your dashboard until a display is connected to your Apex.
    I recommend having the Display as well, there are many good reasons to have one. However there is an alternate way to create a loud sound alarm, that doesn't require either the display or the sound alarm tiles. Wire an inexpensive 24V piezo buzzer/siren to a Neptune 24V bare wire cable (or make your own cable), connect that cable to your EB832, and program that output with your urgent alarms.