Thread: dc pump programming with firmware 4.53

Regular Vistor

dc pump programming with firmware 4.53

hey guys im having trouble with my varios 2 pump all of a sudden. I can't narrow it down because I don't have a flow meter set up but it seems the speed of my Varios 2 pump is changing. I have a red sea reefer 170 and this means lots of water splashing noises. I have 3 days messing with this thing!

anyway I saw that now you don't need profiles. Anybody want to share how this is done now or where I can find the info, I've looked and can't seem to find anything. Im hoping maybe this will fix the issue if not has anybody else had this problem?

First day I fixed it by manually ramping the pump down and up. Yesterday I had to disconnect the bus connector from the apex to the eb8. Today idk im trying anything here!

You just type the percent you want instead of a profile name.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    thank you guys I actually found it after I posted this. The return pump has been working properly but I just changed the programming anyway. The day I updated the firmware was the day I also installed the pump but I was unaware of this and went by the old coralvue video explaining how the profiles work which took a whole afternoon

Regular Vistor
    (VarSpd)
    Fallback 95
    Set 95
    If FeedA 000 Then 8
    If FeedB 000 Then 8
    If FeedC 000 Then 8
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF
    If Output VFeed = ON Then 8

what do you guys think or this or is there something I should add? I also have the Power for the pump connected to the eb8 since I have the empty outlets.

(Varios)
    Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If LoSw3 CLOSED Then OFF

I would move If LoSw3 CLOSED Then OFF to the VarSpd and just leave the AC outlet be always ON. This keeps all programming controlling the pump in one place.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Cool that makes sense, if I ever need the outlet I just have to move it. Thanks for this and the countless other post that have helped me! This forum was the reason I went this the Apex