Thread: DOS not turning on

New User

DOS not turning on

I have been trying to get my dos to pump alk and cal. I have it set on auto and input the time intervals. It is not turning on. All my modules are (OK). The switch is off. I am not sure what else to look at.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    How do you have it connected to your apex? Aquabus and separarate power supply or via a 1link cable? What happens when you push the prime buttons on the Dos? Is the Apex and the Dos updated to the most recent firmware? Also, can you take a screenshot of the basic view of your Dos programming outlet and post that please.
    Chad

New User
    It is hooked up to the Aguabus and a DJ bar. When I press the button on the DOS they run. I had updated the firmware recently and tonight updated the WMX Module that was showing OLD
    Screenshot (2).jpg

For the programming you put into the wizard to be executed, you have to place the slider switch into the Auto position. Think of the slider like a light switch or a manual override so to speak. You can turn the Dos on or off completely using it in either of those positions. But...if you want the programming to be executed then the slider switch for your dos either 7-1 for the left side or 7-2 for the right needs to be in the "Auto" position.

Your heater and skimmer also pictured are always going to be on. It will ignore any programming you have with those sliders in the ON position. That makes for a hot tank or a wet floor as the apex will not execute any safety programming you have in those outlets unless you move that slider to Auto.

Did I mention you should move the slider to auto? LOL
    Chad

New User
    I should have been clear that the DOS that is set up and primed is 8. I have not done 7 yet as that is for the water change eventually.

Ok I'm not sure what relevance the screenshot has then. Are the switches for the DOS_8 on your dash and in the auto position? What happens when you take the slider for the DOS and put it in the "ON" position? Could you also please post a screenshot of the DOS programming as asked before? Click the little gear icon to the right of the switch name on the dash. Then on the upper left there are 3 tabs. Click the 3rd from the left which is the Basic View tab. Post a screenshot of that please.

Your heater and skimmer are still going to ignore your programming though BTW.
    Chad

New User
    Okay, thanks for noticing that..one issue at a time, lol
    Screenshot (3).jpg

New User
    I had to look at my heater again. It is a heater-true temp titanium 800w with digital display. I have it programmed directly.

PM sent, also it's fine if you want to trust the health of your inhabitants to just the heater thermostat or you could have the redundancy and control using the apex and use the heater as the backup etc.
    Chad

The DOS was working fine, it was just putting out such a small amount at about an 11 minute interval that the OP didn't notice it.
    Chad