Thread: Oscillate Function during day only

Frequent Visitor

Oscillate Function during day only

Hello,

I have 2 Gyre xf250's (Gyre A, Gyre B) that I am using the following programming on:

Gyre A: OSC 000:00/006:00/003:00 Then ON
    Gyre B: OSC 003:00/006:00/000:00 Then ON

This is what I want running during the daytime hours and I like how there's 3 minutes Gyre A is running by itself, 3 minutes where they both are running, and 3 minutes where Gyre B is only running.

1. What lines do I add to run this program only between 8am-midnight? Can I run an IF statement with OSC? At night I would like to use a night profile where both Gyres run at 40% only.

2. Are Fallback or Set statements necessary when programming the 0-10v variable ports?

3. Can I create a RAMP profile that specifics min/max flow and use that profile name instead of "ON."?

I would actually use pump profiles instead (remember profiles are in seconds instead of minutes) and set one for each gyre at 0% to 100% and the other at 0% to 40%. Then just call out the profiles with if time statements.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would actually use pump profiles instead (remember profiles are in seconds instead of minutes) and set one for each gyre at 0% to 100% and the other at 0% to 40%. Then just call out the profiles with if time statements.

Ok. Well how would I type that out, without having to do it a ton of times since im alternating every several minutes? Thats a lot of if statements...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If for example you named the pump profiles DayL and NightL for the left and DayR and NightR for the right, it would be.

Gyre Left
    Set NightL
    If Time 08:00 to 11:59 Then DayL

Gyre Right
    Set NightR
    If Time 08:00 to 11:59 Then DayR

Profiles DayR
    Type: pump
    Initial OFF time: 180
    ON time: 360
    OFF time: 0
    Minimum intensity: 0
    Maximum intensity: 100

Profiles DayL
    Initial OFF time: 0
    OFF time: 180

Profiles NightR
    Maximum intensity: 40

Profiles NightL

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    If for example you named the pump profiles DayL and NightL for the left and DayR and NightR for the right, it would be.

Gyre Left
    Set NightL
    If Time 08:00 to 11:59 Then DayL

Gyre Right
    Set NightR
    If Time 08:00 to 11:59 Then DayR

Profiles DayR

Profiles DayL

Profiles NightR

Profiles NightL

Wow thanks so much. Im reading that manual and googling a ton and you probably saved me several hrs in what took you only 10 mins!

Zombie’s code is fine in concept, but the profiles given are not valid. The maximum time (duration) value that can be used in a Pump profile is 255 seconds. Decrease 360 where he used that value to 250 and 180 to 125; this will allow the profiles to be defined. The pumps will alternate somewhat faster, but that should be OK.... same effect but more frequent. You could also use 254 & 127, 240 & 120, or other values with the same 2:1 ratio as long as none are > 255.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Zombie’s code is fine in concept, but the profiles given are not valid. The maximum time (duration) value that can be used in a Pump profile is 255 seconds. Decrease 360 where he used that value to 250 and 180 to 125; this will allow the profiles to be defined. The pumps will alternate somewhat faster, but that should be OK.... same effect but more frequent. You could also use 254 & 127, 240 & 120, or other values with the same 2:1 ratio as long as none are > 255.
    Gotcha. Thx

Frequent Visitor
    OK, last question pertaining to this. What is the best way to start up both gyres? Sounds like a stupid question, but when I go from "off" to "auto" on Gyre A then Gyre B immediately afterward, both turn on running. Shouldnt Gyre B stay off for the first 125 seconds?

Frequent Visitor
    or put another way.

Is there a lag time from when I update a profile and the gyre starts following the new pattern? I noticed if I make the minimum time 0% as stated, then when I resume both Gyres to "auto" mode, neither start running.

Then I changed the minimum intensity to 100% on both, then when I switch again from "OFF" to "Auto" both startup at 100%?

Enable Sync in both profiles
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Russ,

Can you take a look at my profiles I created and tell me why, even when synced, both gyres start off running in once I switch from "off" to "auto"?

They are SYNCd by the initial OFF time. So you have them starting at the same time and they are overlapping (125 and 250 run times). If you move the 125 in the second profile to the INITIAL OFF field, that would have it operate exactly opposite to the first. It will help you to figure it out if you graph it on paper.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    They are SYNCd by the initial OFF time. So you have them starting at the same time and they are overlapping (125 and 250 run times). If you move the 125 in the second profile to the INITIAL OFF field, that would have it operate exactly opposite to the first. It will help you to figure it out if you graph it on paper.
    Thanks so much! Man. The learning curve for someone whose never used this before is steep.

No problem. It takes a bit of time. They work OFF1 - ON - OFF2 - OFF1 - ON - OFF2... This allows an offset and an overlap if desired.