Thread: FS-100 flow meter and 3,000 gph questions.

FS-100 flow meter and 3,000 gph questions.

I see that the FS-100 -1 inch flow meter that comes with the kit only reads 150 to 1500 GPH.

My Ecotech Vectra L1 runs 3100 gph - without a real setup of course.
    My reading in apex fusion is coming in at 300 gph.

Is this because the last zero has been truncated or is the flow so overwhelming that its irradically reading it as a perceived 300 gph?

Second, can this sensor be damaged when left in a setup where gph are much more than what the sensor is rated for?

Your vectra is not running 3100gph. Even the ideal setup with a straight shot up, no 90s, no valves, all 1", you will get no more than 2000gph at 100% on the vectra. For most setups, that value is gonna be closer to 1600gph at 100%. With that said, you should be seeing 1500gph from the sensor if it's at or above max reading. Did you configure it for a 1" sensor?

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Yah, I totally agree on flow, thats what I was trying to acknowledge when I said "without a real setup."

Having said that. The module is reading all 3 of my sensors as "flow sensor 1." Can I change the 1" to say 2" ?

When I do - I get 1,260 gph. Which is believable with head pressure since the sump is in my basement.

NSI Member
    Changing the type to 2" when you have a 1" sensor is just going to give you an inaccurate reading. Coming from the basement with 1" pipe I would not be surprised by the 300gph number you get. You could always to a timed bucket fill test and see if it lines up with what the sensor is reading.

For example, I have a pump rated at 2100gph which runs the return and my ATS. I'm getting about 900gph out of it with the sump under the tank.

I would do a fill test just to be sure. If it's coming from a basement, I would expect that pump to run near 1000gph at 100%

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Well maybe the 300 gph is correct afterall.

Its actually a 3/4 inch pipe running 8 feet up from the basement.

I previously had a lower flow pump and had the same 3/4 inch pipe, but when the old pump started to give out, I just went ahead and went all out by getting the Vectra L1.

The vectra has been running for over a year on the pipe, but I havent overhauled the pvc pipes yet to something more suitable - say a 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch pipe. Its gona be a pain in the blank to redo all the pipe. Eventually I will. The pipe is currently 5 years old.

But..... if you all think with the restrictions outlined above, it can definitely reduce flow down to 300 GPH - then im inclined to believe you.

I am very surprized wth the low flow rate, I always thought it would be more.

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah, the flow meters are revealing a lot about our pumps and their flow rates. I have the Vectra M1 plumbed using 1" pool hose, and only get 600gph. I thought it was wrong when I first saw it until I did a bucket test. Instead of adding a higher flow pump, I added a second pump for redundancy, and a guarantee that I would be able to get at least 1000gph.