Thread: Drop Cam is now NEST!

New User

Drop Cam is now NEST!

I was looking at threads on setting up a dropcam and possibly using my Nest Camera. Recently, Nest acquired DropCam. This now means you can use your Nest Camera. I thought this would be useful. Have a great holiday!

https://nest.com/support/article/How...lic-or-private

https://nest.com/support/article/FAQ...o-the-Nest-app

The acquisition of Dropcam by Nest was way back in 2014. And there are still significant challenges in using an original Dropcam or subsequent Nest-branded cameras with Apex Fusion. There are several threads here about those difficulties.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The acquisition of Dropcam by Nest was way back in 2014. And there are still significant challenges in using an original Dropcam or subsequent Nest-branded cameras with Apex Fusion. There are several threads here about those difficulties.
    Thanks I read about the difficulties and the threads I reviewed did not discus the acquisition, only problems related to drop cams or nest cams. The nest site is misleading since it shows it was last updated on 11/28. No wonder the newer drop cams look like the nest cams. Oh well....