Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apex (2016) AOS Version 5.03_CA17

New User
    I just talked to support, they did say while it should work over wireless they have seen issues and said to try it hard wired.

I plugged a cable into the Apex unit, then disabled the Apex IP on my router, then enabled it, this caused the connection to the router to go from wireless to wired.
    I then logged into the Apex via the local UI and ran the upgrade.
    One thing that happened during this upgrade that did not happen over the wireless is the unit flashed light blue, this did not happen the other 4 times I ran it over the wireless.

At the end the upgrade did take when I was hard wired. I disconnected the hard cable and the Apex switch back into wireless mode.

Quote Originally Posted by laguest View Post
    I just talked to support, they did say while it should work over wireless they have seen issues and said to try it hard wired.

I plugged a cable into the Apex unit, then disabled the Apex IP on my router, then enabled it, this caused the connection to the router to go from wireless to wired.
    I then logged into the Apex via the local UI and ran the upgrade.
    One thing that happened during this upgrade that did not happen over the wireless is the unit flashed light blue, this did not happen the other 4 times I ran it over the wireless.

At the end the upgrade did take when I was hard wired. I disconnected the hard cable and the Apex switch back into wireless mode.
    Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There is no need to use a hardwired connection for Apex (2016) AOS updates. If the wireless signal strength and link quality are sufficient to maintain a connection to the APEX Fusion cloud, then an AOS update will work fine over Wi-Fi as well.
    I couldn't agree with you more. But this has been an issue for me since day one. My signal strength is 94% and I still have to use a cable. The Apex shows it's downloading the files and even updating to the latest web pages. But when I log back in the firmware version has changed. Only thing that works is to update using ethernet.

wifistg.JPG

Something else I don't understand is why I can almost never connect to the Apex locally. Sometimes I get the background image to load with a communication error and sometimes it just can't be found. When this happens a reboot of my Apex fixes it. What I don't understand is how I can fully mange it from Fusion/iOS app even thought I can't connect to the local web server or even ping it on my LAN. It's almost like it's enabled a firewall and put itself in stealth mode.

Since it works using my phone or Fusion I've limited myself to only connecting locally for 2 things Calibration and Updates. So I'm not so frustrated by this anymore. However, when Florida was hit by Hurricane Irma and my internet was down for a week that was when I needed the local system to work. Needless to say there was a lot of reboots that week.

I've been using the Apex 2016 since it launched and Neptune has made many improvements to the system since launch. I'm sure all these issue will eventually get resolved, but until then I can live with these workarounds. Now i'm looking forward to the release of the Trident!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12