Thread: Power outage with Breakoutbox

New User

Power outage with Breakoutbox

I have a battery backup that is currently connected in my return pump outlet (in case of a power outage). So the pump will never stop. I did't connect all the Apex because it will last more if i have only one pump connected to it.
    However, in any program i use, i can't turn off this pump (e.g. in case of a feed mode) without disconnecting the wire from my battery backup.

I would like to know if is possible to check if i have no power with a Switch, because then i would connect all the Apex in the battery, and then programaticaly shut down all the other non necessary equipments, without having to purchase a new EB.

If you have a aux power supply for the apex (or purchase one if you dont), then you can enable power monitoring and it will read true for If Power Apex OFF 000 Then ON when the aux power supply loses power instead of aquabus power to the head unit. You can use the line If Power Apex OFF 000 Then OFF to turn off any devices you want during an outage and use Then ON in your email to be notified of it (This requires that your router be backed up by UPS or it won't send the notification).

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

What zombie said. If it's still unclear, do a search for 'Apex power monitoring' and you'll find all the additional info you need to effect systematic timed shutdown of each Apex-managed device in event of a power failure.

There's also some info on pages 57-58 and 141-142 of this manual.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    If you have a aux power supply for the apex (or purchase one if you dont), then you can enable power monitoring and it will read true for If Power Apex OFF 000 Then ON when the aux power supply loses power instead of aquabus power to the head unit. You can use the line If Power Apex OFF 000 Then OFF to turn off any devices you want during an outage and use Then ON in your email to be notified of it (This requires that your router be backed up by UPS or it won't send the notification).

Stupid question, but can i plug any 12v power suply, or do i need one specific?

This is the official one. (Note that the accompanying text there is somewhat confusing/misleading.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeferrazcorrente View Post
    Stupid question, but can i plug any 12v power suply, or do i need one specific?
    You need one at least 500mA rated with higher being better and the tip size needs to match that of the official one. I forget the size off the top of my head.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You need one at least 500mA rated with higher being better and the tip size needs to match that of the official one. I forget the size off the top of my head.

Thank you very much!
    All setup and working!