Thread: Apex Local vs Apex Fusion

Frequent Visitor

Apex Local vs Apex Fusion

Hi, All I need a little clarification. As I understand it, there is no difference viewing or making changes between local vs fusion? When making changes either in local or fusion they should reflect in both.

Correct?

I made some changes to my wave pumps (in local) and removed other tiles no longer needed. When going to fusion the removed tiles are still showing (see screengrabs).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor
    Also, the tile placements are diffrent between the two?

Apex Local vs Apex Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTalbott View Post
    Also, the tile placements are diffrent between the two?
    Tile layout changes in one are not reflected in the other. The LOCAL and Fusion dashboards are independently customizable.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, Russ! 2 more Q's

1. If you hide the tiles do they still function or do you need to set them to off before hiding them?
    2. What is best practice (local or Fusion) when adding profiles, virtuals ......

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    My understanding is that Local is the built in web sever in the Apex controller itself. It is normally only accessible when you are on your home wifi network (unless you specifically configure it otherwise.)

Fusion is the web server run by Neptune Systems and can be accessed from anywhere.

Most of the functions are the same, but there are some features availble on fusion that are not available on the local server (notes, measurements, Alarm log, power log and the tasks feature. There may be more that I haven't included)

One nice thing about the local server is that it updates more quickly; there is frequently a 1-2 minute lag with fusion since the information is actually sent from your Apex controller, to the Neptune server then back to your web browser.

Also, if you use the Neptune app on your phone, I believe it connects to the fusion server, not the local server.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTalbott View Post
    Thanks, Russ! 2 more Q's

1. If you hide the tiles do they still function or do you need to set them to off before hiding them?
    2. What is best practice (local or Fusion) when adding profiles, virtuals ......

Thanks
    Yes, tiles still function when hidden. The will even display their ON/OFF/Profile state accurately when viewed in the hidden tiles area. I've found that it's useful to tuck certain virtual outlets away in the hidden tiles area to avoid dashboard clutter; in particular, ones that act as timers for alerts and other actions.

Regular Vistor
    How do you get to apex local?

Regular Vistor
    Never mind I found it. It’s hostname.local

Frequent Visitor
    I've had issues with the hostname.local address not working at times. If it doesn't, you can also access it directly via it's assigned IP address. If you have access to fusion, go to the network menu. Under summary it will show the assigned IP address (probably something like 192.xx.xx.x) Just type that address into your browser. You may also be able to look up the IP address from your WiFi router (some routers make this easier than others.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    I've had issues with the hostname.local address not working at times. If it doesn't, you can also access it directly via it's assigned IP address. If you have access to fusion, go to the network menu. Under summary it will show the assigned IP address (probably something like 192.xx.xx.x) Just type that address into your browser. You may also be able to look up the IP address from your WiFi router (some routers make this easier than others.)
    That's actually half the reason I use a static ip. Set it to something easy to remember and never have to look it up. I also mainly use my android phone which doesn't work with hostnames like PC, MAC, or iPhones do.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.