Thread: How do I control my Jebao DCP-10000 pump by using my Apex.

New User

How do I control my Jebao DCP-10000 pump by using my Apex.

I just purchased a brand new Jebao DCP-10000 Marine DC Pump.

I am going to be using this as my return pump.

I want to control it using my Apex Controller.

I also just bought the "Jebao/Jecod Pump to Neptune Systems Apex Controller Linkage Adapter" which is for sale on amazon.com (it is sold by saltwateraquariums.com)

Can you please provide a little help on how to set it up so that I can control the pump by using my apex controller.

For now I dont really want to do anything complicated. I only want to use it as my return pump not making waves or anything like that.

I have a free V1 / V2 port on my Apex base unit.

Lets say that i want the return pump to turn off (or go to 0 percent) when I put my Apex into "Feed Mode".

Lets say that during the day I want the return pump to run at 80% and at night time I want to run it at 40%.

A little help please!! Thank you.

New User
    A little more info.....

I renamed an outlet on my energy bar to Return_Pump and set it up like this.....

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 001 Then OFF
    If H2OLK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If H2OLK2 CLOSED Then OFF

This seems to work fine for turning the pump on and off when I place my Apex into Feed Mode.
    It turns the power to the pump on and off again.

So how do I control the pump's speed using the variable speed port V1/V2???

The "Jebao pump to Neptune Systems Apex Controller Linkage Adapter" just blinks green on and off when I try to connect it to
    my pump???

I changed the name of the variable speed V1 to Return_Pump and set it up like this. This does not appear to be working....

Fallback ON
    Set 100
    If FeedA 001 Then OFF
    If H2OLK1 CLOSED Then OFF
    If H2OLK2 CLOSED Then OFF

Can I for sure use the Linkage Adapter to control the speed of my pump???

Thanks
    Tim

Change the set 100 to other values and see if it changes the output of the pump. If it doesn't, you might have something connected wrong.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    im following this one im looking at the dcp 6500 for my return pump if im understanding right this right if you set 0% for feed mode then you wouldn't need to have the pump plugged into the eb8 and effectively freeing up a space on the controller

New User
    Hi Aaron,

The Jebao pumps are good. They are certainly cheap & inexpensive thats for sure. They are VERY VERY quiet which is also great. Also according to my local fish store they are very reliable.
    I was using a Danner / Supreme AQUA-MAG Magnetic Drive Pump Model 24. (2400 GPH gallons per hour).
    They are awesome in terms of reliability. I had mine going for almost 3 years but they are VERY loud. Not nearly as quiet as my DCP-10000.

I have a feeling that I bought the wrong thing on amazon.com when I purchased the "Jebao pump to Neptune Systems Apex Controller Linkage Adapter".
    After doing some internet research I believe that I need to purchase a "Aqualink A1, AQLink A1". I have seen them for sale on ebay.com

You will need to connect your pump to an outlet on your energy bar. Then you can turn it on and off during feed cycles. I'm pretty sure the AquaLink A1 will allow me to connect the pump
    to the V1/V2 ports on the Apex Base unit using an ethernet cable. Then you can use the Variable speed port on your Apex to control the speed (10%, 20% etc). You can also use it
    to control the pump's direction if you want to run it forward and backwards.
    In the next week or so I will confirm if the AquaLink A1 will do this and then I will re-post once I am sure.
    -Tim

New User
    Thanks that would be great as I have discovered a crack in the casing on the magnet for my return pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Hey guys!!

I finally got this working. I am now able to control my Jebao DCP-10000 return pump by using my Apex Classic Controller.

You need to purchase an AquaLink A1 controller. I found one for sale on ebay. No support what so ever. They send you a 2 page "Quick Start Guide".

The very first thing you need to do is set the DIP switches on the AquaLink A1. Set them to match the pump that you are using. I am using a DCP-10000 pump so I set DIP switches 2, 3, and 4 to UP / ON. Set DIP switches 1 and 5 to DOWN / OFF. The DIP switch settings for your pump can be found in the included Users Guide.

I am controlling my pump using the variable speed ports that are on the Apex Base Unit. I have an ethernet cable plugged into ports V1/V2 on the Apex base Unit. Next take the power brick that came with your pump and plug it into the AquaLink A1 port labeled DC IN. Please note that YOU will NOT be using the controller that came with the pump. YOU will now be using the AquaLink A1 controller.

Plug the ethernet cable into the Ethernet (RJ45) input port on the AQLink A1. Take the pumps power cord and connect it to the cable that is on the AQLink A1.

So I'm using the variable speed port V1/V2.

Login to your apex fusion. You will need to set up /configure VarSpd1_I1 and VarSpd2_I2. on your dashboard. Please note that VarSpd1_I1 is used to control the speed of the pump. VarSpd2_I2 is used to control the direction of the pump (forward or reverse). Edit VarSpd1_I1 and set the control type to advanced. My configuration for VarSPd1_I1 is as follows.

Fallback 100
    Set 100
    If FeedA 001 Then OFF

This will set your pump to run at 100% speed all of the time. For Feeding this will turn the pump to 0% speed.

Here is my configuration for the VarSpd2_I2. Set the control type to advanced and program it as follows.

Fallback 0
    Set 0

This will make sure the pump is ALWAYS running in the forward direction.

PLEASE NOTE that my power brick that came with my pump is NOT plugged into the Apex Energy Bar. I have it plugged into my house's outlet so it is always on.

One more thing.........I think you need to have the latest and greatest Apex firmware which for me is 4.53_AB17

That's about it. Let me know if this works. Good luck!

-Tim